Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Boldride has reviewed the 2015 Renegade Trailhawk model, and they give it two big thumbs up.

the Trailhawk boasts nearly an inch of additional ground clearance (8.7 inches total), four skid plates, three tow hooks, five different traction control settings, all-terrain tires on 17-inch wheels, and Jeep’s Active Drive Low 4×4 system, which totes a 20:1 crawl ratio. Sure, it’s a laundry list, but the recipe works.
The Renegade Trailhawk was able to get through the off-road course just as easily as the 2015 Wrangler that the reviewer drove recently. The suspension held up great for him, and the approach and departure angles are generous.

The Renegade Trailhawk runs on a 2.4-liter engine mated to a nine-automatic transmission. It creates 180 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque.

All told, the Renegade Trailhawk may not be the 4×4 compact crossover for everyone—the Renegade Sport offers a lighter flavor of 4×4 for only $19,995—but for shoppers who want to drive small without sacrificing capability in the tough stuff…it’s a very tempting choice.
http://news.boldride.com/2015/10/jeep-renegade-trailhawk-off-road-review/92072/

· Registered
715 Posts
I'm a jeep guy first, then a car guy, and then a tire guy.. But it reeallly IRKS me when tires are called all terrain when they aren't at all! And if my few years of off-roading in my 1st 2 jeeps taught me anything, it's a good line and good tires.. And some skill never hurt, that get you through the tough stuff.

Really can't wait to push my TH's limits, but I'm def gonna need some rock rails and maybe some rear departure sliders first ?

Those with dead set minds that the Rene is just a mall crawler will be confused to see how the same test track a JK did a TH Renegade did with no issues. I look forward to the day I'm on a trail and have some Wrangler folks staring at what it's capable of really doing ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.