Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
2nd VA Rene in a day! They are breeding like rabbits in Virginia now?

I have still only seen 2 in the wild in DC/MD area in the last month and a half.
Hey! I'm BRSquirrel's soon-to-be husband. :)

We picked it up this weekend, after a more than unsatisfactory visit to the Toyota dealership for a routine 5000 mi maintenance on the Corolla.

So far, we're extremely happy. It is our second Trailhawk (The first is my 2015 Cherokee TH.) There are a few Latitude Renegades in our apartment complex, but we've only seen a single Renegade TH besides her's, it was an Anvil we passed yesterday.

I'm a very active member over at the Cherokee forums, I'm already feeling as passionate about her Renegade, as I am my own TH :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
2nd VA Rene in a day! They are breeding like rabbits in Virginia now?

I have still only seen 2 in the wild in DC/MD area in the last month and a half.
I've got another one in Virginia, but in SW. I bought it last Thursday. We were enjoying a beer on the patio of a restaurant in Blacksburg, Virginia and I saw two other Renegades pass by. I saw a third one on Saturday before the game.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This made me laugh!

Hi All!! Traded on my toyota corolla (2015 haha...) yesterday on a beautiful red Renegade Trailhawk. Could not be happier. Pleased to be a new Jeep owner! I'm in Northern Virginia btw.
This made me fall over with laughter. I just got the Renegade TH in Omaha orange and I am super pleased. One of my friends from college, who also lives in VA, drives a Corolla and decided to get a new car because she got her first real job.

She wants another Corolla and I looked at some of the reviews; they didn't have enough bad things to say about the 2014 and 2015 models. I read this and thought it super appropriate considering she gave me a bunch of crap when I told her what I bought... going on about how it wasn't an "eco" car, how SUVs were impractical, it was too expensive, blah blah blah. I sort of want to show her this just for giggles. I'm glad you got something you like and I think the 4x4 will serve you better in NoVa than would a Corolla.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I live in Kansas and saw my first Renegade on the road todat, it was a red Trailhawk. It zipped by me in a split second and was gone. The only way I knew it was a Trailhawk was the sticker on the hood and confirmed with the brake lights. i had no time to looks for tow hooks or nothing. I was flat impressed. I just have to wait three more months for my black on black trailhawk.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This made me fall over with laughter. I just got the Renegade TH in Omaha orange and I am super pleased. One of my friends from college, who also lives in VA, drives a Corolla and decided to get a new car because she got her first real job.

She wants another Corolla and I looked at some of the reviews; they didn't have enough bad things to say about the 2014 and 2015 models. I read this and thought it super appropriate considering she gave me a bunch of crap when I told her what I bought... going on about how it wasn't an "eco" car, how SUVs were impractical, it was too expensive, blah blah blah. I sort of want to show her this just for giggles. I'm glad you got something you like and I think the 4x4 will serve you better in NoVa than would a Corolla.
The CVT in the Corolla was horrible. Accelerating from 5 to 20-30 mph, we hit around 3500rpms, and it sounded like the powertrain was going to take off. It sounded more at home at Dulles, than on 66.

Overall, the experience with the Corolla was lackluster, the interior is nice, and the seats were comfortable, but the over-all experience was "blah."

BRSquirrel always had a fondness for utility-type vehicles (Ridgeline, Baja, etc.) And when I picked up my Cherokee, she was in love. It just took her seeing a few Renegades and she knew what she wanted.

Personally, I feel better, and more confident with her in the Renegade than she was in the Corolla. Between the 4x4, the size difference, and the overall handling of the Renegade, I know she's in good hands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.