Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm thinking about getting a Renegade. I want something smallish but also with some good trunk space with the seats down.

I tried searching for this but couldn't find it... can anyone tell me how wide the trunk is between the wheel wells, and from the back of the trunk to right behind the front seats with the back seats folded down? Height isn't a big deal, I have to transport some folding tables every once in a while so I just need to make sure they will fit :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
So, I'm thinking about getting a Renegade. I want something smallish but also with some good trunk space with the seats down.

I tried searching for this but couldn't find it... can anyone tell me how wide the trunk is between the wheel wells, and from the back of the trunk to right behind the front seats with the back seats folded down? Height isn't a big deal, I have to transport some folding tables every once in a while so I just need to make sure they will fit :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
It looks like that picture is for a subaru crosstrek?
Right it is an error I could not correct in time because of the stupid time out on posts.

This is all I found.

http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/specifications/renegade.html

Min width at liftgate opening 39.0 at bottom 36.1 (916.9) at top of opening 38.9
Min height at liftgate opening 29.0 30.7 (780.0) 4x2 25.9
Distance between wheelhouses 37.6 39.4 (1,000.5) 38.0
Cargo vol. behind rear seat 18.5 cubic feet 24.8 to 29.7 cubic feet
(seat moves fore and aft) 23.0
Cargo vol. behind front seats 50.8 cubic feet 54.9 cubic feet 54.2

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I struggled to get a 72" shed door into the Jeep this morning as it was hitting the wife's back whilst she was in the passenger seat.

With the front seat pushed forward as far as it can go and then reclining it's backrest you should have no issues with the length of the door. The width of 28" is negligible and should lay flat. Any issues with the gear change then simply raise the height of the front seat to support the door.

It looks like you can manage it. It's not the first time I have driven with doors or wardrobe packs resting on the front dash and my shoulder underneath the package.

·
Super Moderator
3,595 Posts
K is cut off in the picture. Can whoever posted please repost it ASAP please. I’m trying to see if I can fit a door 28x 80

and enjoy the forum!

Just to let you know this post is almost 5 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts