Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
With the prototypes at the shows, pics made it look like you still got that storage with the trail hawk so you can stash your mysky panels. The options guide read like you don't get an additional storage tray beneath that though with the full size spare.

But prototypes are prototypes. They didn't have the supposed 40/20/40 rear seats either.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It appears the last pic has a carpeted floor that is the same in the previous pic but is flipped up to reveal the jeep embossed cover for the spare. IIRC, everyone except the TH get an inflator, but a copact of full spare is optional and should fit under the embossed floor.

Now my KIA has a black styrofoam insert into the wheel well for the inflator, tools, rags, etc. Nice.

I still opted for an aftermarket FS spare and jack. :)

I wonder if the TH's FS spare will be a 5th alloy wheel or a steelie.

If the Renegade comes with just felt on the rear floor, I'll be putting black closed loop contract carpet piece, nicely fitted, back there for the dogs to have some grip. Can't have them slipping around back there like a BB in a bottle when I go flying down Lion's Back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
One idea to increase the storage in the cargo area of the TH would be to flip the full-size spare over to provide better access to the volume under the rear floor. While that would mean the tire valve would be in accessible it does provide a good place to stow items below the floor, out of the way and out of site. Has anyone found a way to hold the spare in this upside down position?

To answer JFS's question, my TH FS spare is an alloy wheel like the other four.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.