Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Geat! Looks like those are on the east coast. It won't be long before I get to see one in person.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Looks to me that a dealer got their allotment form and is trying to get them sold before they even have them on the lot.
the two dealers posting them are smart, great way to get leads as it's probably an uncommon tactic for sales reps to go through.
the other and better method i have seen is when they give a little overview of a model they just got in, great way to get people in the door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We are about to see if Sergio has a hit or miss with the Renegade and if this forum is an indicator it will be a hit as not many new models garner this much interest.
though i agree with you about the interest i think the price kind of took most people down a notch. Its not the price vs competitors that has some of us scratching our heads. its the price vs its big brother. The price of the renegade vs the price of the Cherokee is a bit confusing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think they are all "bait click", some are showing $2,500 below MSRP, only one says 4X4 and one says Anvil color @ $25,000, we all know that color only comes on the TH. USA won't see any TH's till much later in the year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I stopped at a dealer on my way home, the salesman said 1st quarter, and he gave me a new flyer he had said they just got in. Interestingly in the efficiency section of the book it doesn't list mpg. All I could think of on the way home was that it listed mpg's and it doesn't. Wtf?? When is some one going to see a window sticker?

·
Registered
41 Posts
though i agree with you about the interest i think the price kind of took most people down a notch. Its not the price vs competitors that has some of us scratching our heads. its the price vs its big brother. The price of the renegade vs the price of the Cherokee is a bit confusing.
I agree pricing will dictate sales and if too high Renegades will collect dust until price comes down. I FCA wants volume they need to start with low pricing to get lots of them on the road and then raise prices later once the car has caught on. FCA made entry blunders with the Dart and it may never take off even though its a great car in its class.

·
Registered
602 Posts
We are about to see if Sergio has a hit or miss with the Renegade and if this forum is an indicator it will be a hit as not many new models garner this much interest.
This is a niche vehicle so it's numbers are going to decrease once the demand is satisfied and I think the price factor has slapped some into wanting something else. For me it is about reliability. If I'm going to slap down $30K plus for this vehicle it better be near Honda- esk.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What am I looking at here?

I'm trying to make a point that these ads for "Renegades for sale" are bogus. We know anvil is only on the TH, the TH price is (with destination charge) is $26,990. the ads says MSRP $27,634 so it has options above base price. Now they are saying they will sell it to you for $25,140. That's $2,500 off. Do you not see a problem here, Most ppl here know that there will be NO incentives or cash back for months yet. THE ADS are BULLSHIT = Bait Click = just get'm in the showroom crap "Sorry that one has been sold BUT I have a loaded Patriot with a great discount".

As for me saying no TH till summer doesn't mean there won't be any to see and test drive but if a dealer only has one for demo they can't sell it. They would lose every customer that came in interested in the TH that wanted to see it and sit in it and drive it.

I find it strange that one dealer above says that his allotment is 3 Th, 1 Lat. and 1 Limited....what no Sport models, I doubt the Lat. will be a manual shift.
I believe from the start that Th will be special order, 8 to 10 weeks del.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.