Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Replaced Bad Thermostat and Rad Fan

17K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  jamindigo 
#1 ·
Under warranty. But still a little annoyed. Thermostat is common on Jeeps. CEL came on. Fan sounds like it was gonna fly off...they are on backorder which says it’s a common problem as well. Oh I have 34K on my 2016.

#5 ·
T-Stat done. No more CEL. Fan backordered until April 2018!

#8 ·
Hi everyone! I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade Limited. I recently had to replace a bad thermostat and radiator fan as well. Like everyone I found that it was on backorder. After doing a lot of searching I finally found this one on Amazon from a company called TYC. I purchased it and installed it and it works perfectly. The best part is not having to wait for the one on back order. Anyways I hope this helps some of you, it definitely helped me put my Renegade back on the road.

TYC 623740 Replacement Cooling Fan Assembly, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073Q2TMCZ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

#11 ·
Be cautious with installing an aftermarket fan while your Jeep is still under warranty. If it fails and causes damage to your engine, it could void your warranty, and you could end up paying out of pocket for an engine replacement. I know that it's a slim possibility, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Just replaced radiator fan with an aftermarket "not mopar" from rockautos.
CEL still on, and saw a blown radiator cooling fan fuse "50amnp". Replaced the fuse too, and reset the code... will see... if it comes back, I guess thermostate too? error code is referring to radiator cooling fan though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.