Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the battery in my 2015 Jeep Renegade and now my service transmission light and my service engine light is on the odometer is flashing and it will not shift out of park can anyone help me with this issue

·
Super Moderator
3,353 Posts
Usually flashing odometer means you replaced some can-bus enabled module on the vehicle with one the system thinks does not belong with your VIN.

Check the negative terminal clamp on the battery is tight.

Only other thing I can think of is if you have start-stop, the BCM thinks there's something inadequate about the battery. But that's jsut a gut feeling guess, nobody has reported any issues replacing stop-start batteries as of yet on here.

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
I'd try checking the battery connections and earth straps.

Maybe disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Flashin odo is a CANBus error. Something has failed to respond during diagnostics.

·
Registered
431 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

I replaced the battery in my 2015 Jeep Renegade and now my service transmission light and my service engine light is on the odometer is flashing and it will not shift out of park can anyone help me with this issue
I have the same problem with my jeer Renegade 2015. I need help
All signs of a poorly connected battery or a bad battery (have a load test done on the battery, not just a voltage check).
A battery can read 12 volt but won't carry a load. This would cause the issues that you are experiencing.

Agree with @Nev,

Make sure that the battery terminals and posts are clean and tight.
For some reason, some batteries have a slightly smaller negative battery post then others. MAKE sure that the terminal is tight.

I would: make sure that the ignition is off, disconnect the negative terminal, make sure the posts and terminals are clean, and reconnect the terminal. If the terminal doesn't get tight enough, most part stores sell battery post/terminal shims that fit between the post and the terminal get a tight fit.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have the same problem with my jeer Renegade 2015. I need help
ArmandoR,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concerns. As our team is not technically trained, we are unfortunately unable to speculate regarding your concern. With this in mind, I kindly suggest connecting with your local certified Jeep dealer, as they are in the best position to assist. If you decide to go this route and need additional assistance, feel free to reach out privately.
Laura
JeepCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts