Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
First time posting here and hoping I'm in the right section. I noticed my passenger-side fog light was out on my 2018 TrailHawk that I bought certified pre-owned from the dealership about four months ago. Upon closer inspection, I realized the bulb melted the lighting assembly and I'll have to replace the whole thing. Then I went into the passenger-side wheel well to find the flap that gives access to the fog light assembly and saw this:

Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive design Grey

The bottom front portion of the wheel well liner, including part of the access flap, has been completely ripped off and the bottom of the bumper is cracked. I've only drove on paved roads and have no idea how this happened. I don't want to point fingers at the dealer as this is completely unnoticeable from the outside of the car but.. just wow.

I've found a post on the forum here about replacing the wheel well liner and a few YouTube videos on replacing the fog light assembly, but I'm curious if this would be too big of a task for someone with no automotive maintenance experience such as myself? I have the tools to do it, and could mark off a long weekend to take it slow, but am I in over my head? Should I take it back to the dealership and see what they can do? I would imagine that's the pricey option.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you all can provide!

·
Super Moderator
4,522 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Just take your time it is not hard and use the correct clips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

and enjoy the forum!

Just take your time it is not hard and use the correct clips.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Just wanted to make sure there were no major road blocks I was missing but looks like patience and some time will get it done haha!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Shouldn't be too bad at all. Jack up the front, place some jack stands, remove the wheel, remove fasteners, swap out fender liner, reverse steps... done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts