Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys talk to me and give me some quick input. A couple days after my purchase they had me resign some papers. Thinking nothing of it I signed them and moved forward. Now they call me just minutes ago saying I need to go in again and resign again. Has anyone experienced this? What should I be on the look out for? Should I demand compensation? I mean floor mats would be nice. Or should I shoot higher? Spare tire. Or should I just be a Good Samaritan and resign.

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
If you financed through the dealer, read ALL of it every time. There is definitely shady stuff you can get up to by getting you to sign new or altered contracts. Most of them have to do with financing, trade in, or documentation fees.

Beyond that, there are legit reasons for it, but multiple times means someone is stupid or lazy, so you want to read stuff anyway to try to minimize stupid.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Agreed with raz-O. Rather than asking for something, I'd be more concerned about WHY you need to resign, and what is in the new set of papers. Take your time and red through them thoroughly! If there is something you don't like, I don't see why you need to sign something else. If you financed through a bank, you may want to run this by the bank as well....

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you financed through the dealer, read ALL of it every time. There is definitely shady stuff you can get up to by getting you to sign new or altered contracts. Most of them have to do with financing, trade in, or documentation fees.

Beyond that, there are legit reasons for it, but multiple times means someone is stupid or lazy, so you want to read stuff anyway to try to minimize stupid.
If they want you to resign it is likely that they changed something. Ask what is different and then read it all carefully. I sounds very underhanded to me. Tell them you want to take it home and compare it to the copy they gave you of the previous contract or just refuse to sign if you already have a contract you are happy with. Do not let them bully or threaten you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
read everything usually they make seneaky changes. most dealer have you sign a limited power of attorney for dmv stuff only so I doubt it is that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah obviously my main concern is making sure they aren't trying to steal more money from me. But if by any chance they made a small mistake I was going to try getting some free floor mats. While I was waiting for all these responses I already told them I won't go in until they email me these papers that need to be resigned and after I do that then I will go in and resign if needed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Guys talk to me and give me some quick input. A couple days after my purchase they had me resign some papers. Thinking nothing of it I signed them and moved forward. Now they call me just minutes ago saying I need to go in again and resign again. Has anyone experienced this? What should I be on the look out for? Should I demand compensation? I mean floor mats would be nice. Or should I shoot higher? Spare tire. Or should I just be a Good Samaritan and resign.
As a former Jeepsalesman I can tell you this has happened a couple times at my old dealer. The short answer is there was probably an error in the paperwork, be it the wrong vin or whatever and they needed you to come back in so they wouldn't get ****** in an audit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
On some occasions a dealer will want more $ or charge additional fees, where the overall price might not change but the way they fiddle the numbers might 'hurt' you. Or, they might change the vehicle spec in some way. Ask for exact details and compare everything. Rarely is it in your favor. Do not be afraid to back out of the deal completely and dig your heels in if you feel like your getting screwed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
car salespeople have earned a bad reputation for a reason

when i first got my car they asked me to resign something because they could give me a slightly lower interest rate. they also tacked on a bit extra to the warranty or gap insurance or one of those things (but that was just a mistake).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.