Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else that has these cross bars have a whistle problem? It's louder than any roof rack I've ever heard. I even tried taping over any seams and it's still there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wrap the bars in paracord to break the aerodynamic disturbance or make sure they're set properly.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrap the bars in paracord to break the aerodynamic disturbance or make sure they're set properly.
Well they're set up exactly as instructed and are designed to not whistle so I dont understand what I am missing. Wouldn't wrapping it in cord just make it bulkier and therefor louder? Would also look ugly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It won't be the prettiest, but it will work if the crossbars are the culprit. Maybe a black cord so it won't stand out. Or you could return them if that's possible. I guess it boils down to the shape of the vehicle, some get lucky enough to have the whistle.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the Rhino Rack on my prior car and it would whistle very loudly. I never figured out a solution, but I know exactly what you mean. I was never sure if people on the street could also hear it.
Well that is unsettling. Now that I know its not just me and Rhino Rack refuses to reply to any of my inquiries I'll be sure to post some negative reviews of the product. Save someone else from getting suckered in to spending all this money for a product that makes more noise than $40 ebay knockoffs.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had the Rhino Rack on my prior car and it would whistle very loudly. I never figured out a solution, but I know exactly what you mean. I was never sure if people on the street could also hear it.

I moved my roof basket all the way to the back. Then I put a set of off-road flood lights in front of the wind faring.

I do not hear the wind whistle since then even if I put my full size spare tire in the roof.

You might need to think about this configuration, it solved my problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.