Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey cool people, here is my spankin new Renny. I have yet to decide a name, but I'm bad with names, so it'll come eventually:rolleyes:, maybe based on its personality. I chose the 1.4L turbo mated to the 6 speed, and 2wd. I was actually in the market for a 4wd Latitude with the 6 speed, but I was able to get this one at a very good price, and it had everything I wanted anyway minus the roof rack and 4wd. It's extremely rare for me to go off road, and I have my Cherokee for any dirty work anyway. I'm overall happy with my decision- it's a quick, super fun, and pleasantly spartan vehicle. The only problem I've had so far is the A/C system not blowing cold air, but the dealership fixed it quickly.

To be done:

Rain guards, paint the brake calipers blue, hitch retrofit for my bikes, a good cat-back exhaust, rally style fog lights, and aftermarket roof rails (unless OEM's drop in price dramatically).

:ReneBlueWave:

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
FWD combined with 6 speed M/T for the win!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Husky777,

Nice Ride....

I have a Jetset Blue 4x4 Limited Renegade that looks pretty similar. I always come up with crazy names for my vehicles. Mine is Cobalt "Reny" Blue.

I have the six speed manual and the 1.4L Turbo as well. I have installed the K&N filter this week. I am looking at options to upgrade the front speakers.

Blazer514

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all! I plan to complete the XJ's restoration when the money starts coming in and keep it as a family trail/camping/car show vehicle. Only a couple more years till I can slap classic tags on it :cool:. I've had it for 8 years and it hasn't had a single major breakdown.

Calling the Renny a Fiat for kicks :p. I used to live in Italy where my father owned an old Fiat 128 (the vehicle that pioneered the transverse style drivetrain that everyone uses today!) and a Fiat Tipo with auto trans (I know, right??). My uncle owned an original 500. So I guess you can say I like the brand.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Thank you all! I plan to complete the XJ's restoration when the money starts coming in and keep it as a family trail/camping/car show vehicle. Only a couple more years till I can slap classic tags on it :cool:. I've had it for 8 years and it hasn't had a single major breakdown.
Awesome! My XJ was 21 when I sold it and still running well, just looking a little worse for wear. Have to admit I'm getting spoiled on the "luxuries" in the Renegade. Like a heater that doesn't take 25 minutes to heat up for example. :laugh: but I still do miss my Cherokee a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.