Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put 700 miles on the Renegade this weekend. Here's a few observations (in no particular order)

1.) Fuel economy was exactly 24mpg. Mostly highway miles with cruise set at 68 or 72. Not awful, but certainly not the mpg I've seen others post.
2.) The Jeep handles well. For as small and tall as it is, I thought I might be fighting the wind, but it was pretty stable.
3.) The cruise control was odd. If I set it for 70, there are times where it would run 66 or 67. It was as if the cruise control speed was acting like a limiter. I'm used to setting the cc speed and the vehicle maintaining that speed.
4.) Red lights on the Assist and 9-1-1 still bug me.
5.) SXM radio would cover the screen with a message saying "Acquiring Signal". Once it displayed the message, but the radio still worked. Once it displayed the message and the radio didn't work. The only way it went away was when the vehicle was turned off, then restarted. Simply turning the radio off and on didn't fix it.
6.) Fairly quiet even with the roof rack and basket in place.

All in all, the Renegade did well but these little glitches that happen sporadically and spontaneously are annoying.

·
Super Moderator
3,392 Posts
What's your build date and have you had updates? My cruise is the normal hold a speed plus it minus 2mph after updates. In initial purchase it was behaving oddly similar to yours.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's your build date and have you had updates? My cruise is the normal hold a speed plus it minus 2mph after updates. In initial purchase it was behaving oddly similar to yours.

Not sure of the build date off-hand. I'll have to check. Purchased May of this year.

It has been to the dealer for other issues though (TC and Nav) and has supposedly received all available updates.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We just had the updates done last week. The week before we took two trips and experienced many of the same issues. Gas mileage was looking bleak at 17-18mpg, cruise control did the same thing you mentioned and the stereo sounded awful.

I'm happy to say that the updates fixed it all. We are getting roughly 24.5mpg routinely, cruise control works perfect now, stereo is night and day different in quality.

Very happy with it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for sharing.. the family is getting ready to take ours on an 800 mile trip to the beach with a similar configuration of roof rack etc..

Beau

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That will lower your fuel economy some.

True. It also had another funny consequence.

Picture MySky open... roof rack extended over the opening... cruising down the highway. Bugs sometimes hit the rack and fall into the open roof. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I may be wrong.....but the mpg of the US Renegade's seems far worse than the UK models.

I have a 1.4 Turbo with the 6 speed manual, just done 1700 miles, doing a lot of stop/start driving around town, and when on the open road I make the turbo work, I'm averaging 30.6mpg from full to empty.....and on a long motorway run sat with the cruise control at 80, its averaging around 40-42mpg.

Four of my work colleagues have got the same engine/gearbox combo, and they all have similar figures, if not better than mine.

I'm guessing that the US engines are tuned differently to the UK models.....but that's no bad thing when we pay what converts to around $6/gallon. :(

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts