Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My better half and I are going on a road trip on Friday to Germany, leaving from Dover and going to Calais and onto Germany and the 'romantic road'.

Just wondered if there was any advice from anyone? What to take, what to check etc...etc...

Thanks,

JC

·
Registered
236 Posts
Legally you need all the triangles and safety gear. French cops can be dicks with non french cars.

Tomato sandwiches and a flask of tea of course.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We've just got back from the Netherlands, we didn't see another Renegade once we were off the ferry. Don't forget your beam benders. As Gaelmart has said, also V5, driving licence, insurance docs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also need Hi-Vis vests, fire extinguishers and breath tester kits!

I checked with the AA site - they have a good matrix on what's needed - to be honest I bought the spare bulb set and alco-testers on the ferry...

Didn't fit Beam deflectors on my last journey (Calais/Dunkirk/Belgium/Luxembourg/Germany) - but had them, just in case... depends how much night driving you think you'll be doing IMHO

·
Registered
153 Posts
You still have to carry them - in case the Police require you to take a test... I think you might even have to have at least two?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.