Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking for a roof rack to be used without bars fixing it direy on the rails, do you know any producer?
I saw one on the renegade escape edition, I wrote them a mail but never got a reply, probably they are not interested to sell it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am most interested to see the inside door frames of the Renegade. I have a Fiat 500L and in each of the door frames is a built in hole that is there for a Fiat/Mopar roof rack to secure to. The holes are threaded, no clue why. As you can see from the pictures I post there is a pin in the door frame clamp that goes into each hole. This stops thieves from trying to pry the clamps off and it keeps them in there, makes it impossible for them to come out at all. Once the rack is installed you don't need any factory roof rails to attach these cross bars to. Just add kayaks, or bikes and go have fun.

The fifty million dollar question remains: does the Renegade have such holes in the door frames?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 09 Volvo S40 and the factory volvo rack by Thule has the same type of mount. I has a hole just inside the door frame where the factory rack mounts an a small metal point prevents the rack from moving at all. a good idea although it makes for slightly more than comfortable wind noise on the freeway.

Id like to see if the renegade has something similar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.