1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking into a roof top tent.
Are there ones made for Renegades?
I'm new to this - so all ideas, cautions, recommendations will be appreciated.

Thank You

Mary

·
Registered
106 Posts
Biggest thing to keep in mind is that the roof rails are only rated for so much weight. The cross bars will have weight limitations as well. I haven't done this myself, thought it looked really cool though. Most cross bars have about 150 lbs weight limit.

·
Super Moderator
3,574 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Good luck in your search!

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hello and how are you doing so far?

A tent on top of a Renegade is not that unusual and one of our members gave a great article on their achievement. It is worthy of special praise.

Sadly I didn't save the link but I know with a search for Renegade Tent using a boolean search may bring it up.

Totally awesome is their Jeep so you really need to find it (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Thank You

Mary
Hi Mary, its called
ALIEN SUNSHADE for Jeep Renegade - Provides UV Protection for Passengers with MySky. I bought mine from Amazon.
Yvonne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello and how are you doing so far?

A tent on top of a Renegade is not that unusual and one of our members gave a great article on their achievement. It is worthy of special praise.

Sadly I didn't save the link but I know with a search for Renegade Tent using a boolean search may bring it up.

Totally awesome is their Jeep so you really need to find it (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Thank You

Mary
Smittybuilt RTT from 4wheelparts on sale $700.00 mounted with $60.00 crossbars from Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
How long does it take to set something like that up? Looks like it could be time consuming.
Arriving and setting up camp or breaking down and getting back on the road takes 8 -10 minutes. Folding it up takes seconds. No need to remove the sleeping bags or pillows. Just push up on the ladder and flip it over like a Taco. Putting the black weather cover back on takes up most of the time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Arriving and setting up camp or breaking down and getting back on the road takes 8 -10 minutes. Folding it up takes seconds. No need to remove the sleeping bags or pillows. Just push up on the ladder and flip it over like a Taco. Putting the black weather cover back on takes up most of the time.
That's fast! Now you have me reconsidering.....

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I can imagine using that roof top tent for fishing, safe in the knowledge that most creepy, crawlies, can't get in my above ground tent.

Spiders Aghhhhhhhhh :cry::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Renegade Altitude 4x4
70 Posts
I went with a four-person Silverwing roof top tent like the one pictured below.
IMG_5667-scaled.jpg

For the rack, I bought one from GOBI.
Jeep-Renegade-Multi-Light-Setup-No-Sunroof-STEALTH-01-2.jpg

The RTT was delivered a few months back and has been sitting in my garage ever since. GOBI racks are made once you place an order, so it takes a few months to get them. I heard from GOBI this week and they'll be processing my payment and shipping the rack to me next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts