Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hellow everyone,

I'll introduce myself as Roy. I'm 33 years young and live in the Netherlands.
My daily job is technical engineer at one of the largest telecom providers in Holland.

I bought my Renegade about a year ago and have much fun of it.
It's a limited edition and from the outside pretty normally as many other.
The only thing changed is the Mopar pack with black matte grille and mirror caps.
The inside leather seats and upgraded audio from Beats. ( disappointing ).

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi from Nor Cal. I felt the same way with the "upgraded Beats system" and then I read about the update to the software and had it done last week shortly after purchasing her, it made such a difference, should be better but I'm much happier now with the sound!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ok, positive to hear there's a improvement.
Is it possible to do the upgrade by myself ?
You need to take it to a dealer and ask for this tech service bulletin to be run..it updates the amp settings. Does make a BIG difference.

TSB 08-065-16

"SUBJECT:
Flash: Amplifier Audio Enhancement
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the amplifier (AMP) software.
MODELS:
2015 - 2016 (BU) Jeep Renegade
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries:
NAFTA, APAC, LATAM and EMEA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 23, 2016 (MDH
0523XX) equipped with Beats Premium Audio System (Sales Code RCV).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may notice a poor audio quality. This condition may happen when the audio
volume is at a mid to high output.
DIAGNOSIS:
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify no DTCs are set. If DTCs are present record them on the repair
order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I'm getting my 2016 trail hawk tomorrow - can't wait. I'm looking at this forum because I'm getting the updates beats system- should I have the service people check it out and upgrade it before I pull out of the lot? I'll double check to make sure but thanks for this!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey! I'm getting my 2016 trail hawk tomorrow - can't wait. I'm looking at this forum because I'm getting the updates beats system- should I have the service people check it out and upgrade it before I pull out of the lot? I'll double check to make sure but thanks for this!
I would..depending which country you are in it could be a pre 23rd May build date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.