Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

recently I purchased a jeep renegade 2015 trailhawk . Now RPM does not go over 3K and speed limit to 30mph and transmission stuck in 3ed gear. Red lightning bolt blinking in dashboard + service engine message

can anybody help me to solve this problem?

·
Super Moderator
3,516 Posts
You are in limp mode. Limp mode is so you can drive it to get serviced without damaging it.

I'm guessing the lightining bolt is this
Font Electric blue Signage Magenta Graphics

That's the electronic throttle control warning light, but it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with the ETC. It could be any number of other things. If you are getting the service engine message and no check engine light, then it's going to need to visit someplace that can read the jeep specific errors for the ECU.

It could be something as simple as a bad ground, dying battery (which is just one of the ways to wind up with a weak ground), a dead sensor, a software bug, or something actually being broken like the BCM.

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
618 Posts
hi all,

recently I purchased a jeep renegade 2015 trailhawk . Now RPM does not go over 3K and speed limit to 30mph and transmission stuck in 3ed gear. Red lightning bolt blinking in dashboard + service engine message

can anybody help me to solve this problem?
i always ask how old is the battery ? three or more years and it is probably bad and causing the different warnings to light up. typical reaction from a jeep with a bad battery

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are in limp mode. Limp mode is so you can drive it to get serviced without damaging it.

I'm guessing the lightining bolt is this View attachment 2396352463

That's the electronic throttle control warning light, but it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with the ETC. It could be any number of other things. If you are getting the service engine message and no check engine light, then it's going to need to visit someplace that can read the jeep specific errors for the ECU.

It could be something as simple as a bad ground, dying battery (which is just one of the ways to wind up with a weak ground), a dead sensor, a software bug, or something actually being broken like the BCM.
thanks, dear for your response, ECU throwing many code I will list it here ::

P0300

P0600

P1634

P2172

P2251

P3221

P1db8

U1424-- Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received

B2a51

B2AAA

C3222

the story is I recently purchased this jeep with an accident and I fix it and replace the battery with a new battery but it seems to me like the battery is weak but anyway it can crank the car

after starting the car RPM jump to 3K and it's working normally for a few seconds after that lightning bolt starts blinking.

I can record a video if required. we didn't have experts fixing these issues they only read the codes and replacing all parts showing in the MIL to fix and car issue even if the part was not damaged

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always ask how old is the battery? three or more years and it is probably bad and causing the different warnings to light up. typical reaction from a jeep with a bad battery
the battery is brand new, but it seems to me it is weak but it can start the jeep , am new to this car and I don't know if this is normal or not

I appreciate your help

thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
the battery is brand new, but it seems to me it is weak but it can start the jeep , am new to this car and I don't know if this is normal or not

I appreciate your help

thanks
if battery weak it can cause the problems you are having---- check the alternator for proper output---may not be charging battery

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if battery weak it can cause the problems you are having---- check the alternator for proper output---may not be charging battery
ok, I will check.

but, when I disconnect the battery negative terminal my jeep still working,

·
Registered
618 Posts
ok, I will check.

but, when I disconnect the battery negative terminal my jeep still working,
that is not possible, something is wired improperly---that is probably why your battery is weak

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone have knowledge of the following code meaning

P0300

P0600

P1634

P2172

P2251

P3221

P1db8

U1424

B2a51

B2AAA

C3222

·
Registered
618 Posts
THEY MEAN TAKE YOUR JEEP OUT IN THE WOODS AND SHOOT IT! P0600 means the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) has failed to connect to one of the myriad controllers in your vehicle multiple times. Your vehicle coding a P600 means the ECU triggers the Check Engine Light on the dashboard and your ECU switches to failsafe mode.
p0300 means multiple cylinder misfire detected , the B2AAA code is an indicator than one or more actual OBD II code have been set and stored by one or more control modules on the affected application, but since a communication incompatibility issue exists between the scanner and the vehicles’ OBD II system, the “real” code (s) cannot be displayed, and code B2AAA is displayed ... JeepP1DB8 Jeep DTC P1DB8 Make: Jeep Code: P1DB8 Definition: Unintended Torque Applied While In Neutral Description: The purpose of the diagnostic is to detect an unwanted power flow in the transmission

·
Super Moderator
3,516 Posts
P0300 - random misfire detected. Is the engine running rough?

P0600 - serial communication link malfunction. It means there's issues with the ECU talking to stuff.

P1634 - cam shaft timing problem

P2172 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Sudden High Airflow Detected

P2251 - O2 Sensor Negative Current Control Circuit/Open Bank 1 Sensor 1 - means o2 sensor/heater failed.

P3221 - aO2 sensor heating circuit error

P1db8 - Unintended Torque Applied While In Neutral

U1424 - Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received - We'll get back to this.

B2a51 - No idea and google isn't helping.

B2AAA - Scanner Communication Incompatibility

C3222 - can't find a good answer.

You have a jackpot of codes there. If you take them literally, You have ignition timing problems, maybe dumped raw gas into the exhaust and gunged up your O2 sensors and catalytic cnverter, and THEN also have a failing transmission or TCU. But you also have communication errors. And 2172 doesn't jibe with the above very well unless I'm misisng something. But it's why you are getting hte lightning bolt.

So I have had U1424. Early 2015 renegades had a firmware issue where the TCU would have issues parsing output form a sensor and then flood the can-bus with garbage, and trigger a bunch of other codes as the ECU flipped out thinking it was getting a ton of errors from all over the place. This results in limp mode and the DID lighting up and cycling a bunch of errors on start. This needs a factory firmware update.

That being said, that's too many codes from my experience. I'd check the connections to the body control module and make sure nothing got in there, the pins aren't bent or damaged, the wires to the connectors aren't kinked or obviously broken, etc.

It's also possible your BCM is toast. Early 2105 renegades also had assembly issues and some BCM looms were getting squished when the engine was installed. This would eventually short and fry the BCM. TOns of codes and random ones at that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
P0300 - random misfire detected. Is the engine running rough?

P0600 - serial communication link malfunction. It means there's issues with the ECU talking to stuff.

P1634 - cam shaft timing problem

P2172 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Sudden High Airflow Detected

P2251 - O2 Sensor Negative Current Control Circuit/Open Bank 1 Sensor 1 - means o2 sensor/heater failed.

P3221 - aO2 sensor heating circuit error

P1db8 - Unintended Torque Applied While In Neutral

U1424 - Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received - We'll get back to this.

B2a51 - No idea and google isn't helping.

B2AAA - Scanner Communication Incompatibility

C3222 - can't find a good answer.

You have a jackpot of codes there. If you take them literally, You have ignition timing problems, maybe dumped raw gas into the exhaust and gunged up your O2 sensors and catalytic cnverter, and THEN also have a failing transmission or TCU. But you also have communication errors. And 2172 doesn't jibe with the above very well unless I'm misisng something. But it's why you are getting hte lightning bolt.

So I have had U1424. Early 2015 renegades had a firmware issue where the TCU would have issues parsing output form a sensor and then flood the can-bus with garbage, and trigger a bunch of other codes as the ECU flipped out thinking it was getting a ton of errors from all over the place. This results in limp mode and the DID lighting up and cycling a bunch of errors on start. This needs a factory firmware update.

That being said, that's too many codes from my experience. I'd check the connections to the body control module and make sure nothing got in there, the pins aren't bent or damaged, the wires to the connectors aren't kinked or obviously broken, etc.

It's also possible your BCM is toast. Early 2105 renegades also had assembly issues and some BCM looms were getting squished when the engine was installed. This would eventually short and fry the BCM. TOns of codes and random ones at that.

Thanks a lot for your help. I bought the car and it's damaged by accident maybe that is causing the code stored in ECU.

Car running well for few seconds after that idle rough when lightining bolt light coming on .also engine sound like there no muffler.

what do you suggest to do first?

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
if u didn't have something valuable to say just go away from here
That was valuable but your reply is priceless.

I wouldn't waste the time and effort buying a scrapped car and then trying to "do it up". Especially one that is electronically sensitive like a modern Jeep.

Perhaps I need to reiterate another previously made comment of mine. Buy cheap and buy twice or more as opposed to paying for the original item once.

Your choice Son.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That was valuable but your reply is priceless.

I wouldn't waste the time and effort buying a scrapped car and then trying to "do it up". Especially one that is electronically sensitive like a modern Jeep.

Perhaps I need to reiterate another previously made comment of mine. Buy cheap and buy twice or more as opposed to paying for the original item once.

Your choice Son.
if everyone thinks as u do, we will not see any cars in our life .. all cars are scrap.

·
Registered
618 Posts

Thanks a lot for your help. I bought the car and it's damaged by accident maybe that is causing the code stored in ECU.

Car running well for few seconds after that idle rough when lightining bolt light coming on .also engine sound like there no muffler.

what do you suggest to do first?
if it sounds like no muffler, you probably blew an exhaust gasket or a cracked exhaust manifold.. should be easy to see

1 - 20 of 21 Posts