Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
I know I am new to tiny 1.4L fiat engine.
However, I am not new to turbo charged engines.
My current, being converted to off-the-road use, car is custom setup GT2860RS at 12 psi (due to 10.5:1 CR). It is running AEM FiC piggy and custom ATW inter cooler. 440 injectors, Walbro fuel pump, dual 100/40 micron filter, main kill switch and other tasty mods which are necessary to enter door-to-door events.
It is significantly more powerful than my newly acquired Jeep.
But I didn't buy Jeep for more power. Although, I'd like a bit more pep out of it :)
I like this plucky little jeep for its car like handling and awesome rear negatve camber which gives it solid neutrality when pushed.
So my question is this.
How do you like Madness piggy and what is to be expected, power gains and range of said power gains, on a stock 1.4L engine ?
Would you recommend Madness or RRM piggy?
Thanks...

· Registered
7 Posts
Let me start by saying, do us all a favor and get your Renegade to Auburn to visit Tork Motorsports. I've contacted them through damnfastdd.com and they need a Renegade to check compatibility with 500 and dart parts, and sound willing to develop new parts for the Renegade.

Now, I have the RRM. There is definitely a difference; you'll get different claims from both but neither has yet to have a dyno for the Renegade. I would guesstimate around +30hp, +30tq.

-Install was easy, remove engine cover, plug in sensor on intercooler piping, plug in sensor on intake manifold, mount ecm, put cover back on.
-I've contacted RRM, and got a very detailed response from Robert Tallini, the CEO himself. He also wants someone to come in with their Renegade.
-The Madness ecm includes a camshaft sensor, RRM does not.
-What neither will get rid of is throttle hesitation, and neither will provide a smooth as butter power delivery.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input.
As it is Renegate doesn't have smooth power delivery. But it is silky smooth compared to my other, still road legal, car with explosive personality above 3K RPM.
I'll contact aforementioned company.
I will also contact Planted Technology to see if they are willing to develop seat base plate to fit a racing seat.

Cheers...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.