Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out commuting today and I had to mash the gas to get up to speed on the highway, I heard a loud grumbling/grinding noise coming from like the back seat area and the tachometer was reading 6500 rpms! Is this a transmission issue, or was the traction control doing something funky?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was out commuting today and I had to mash the gas to get up to speed on the highway, I heard a loud grumbling/grinding noise coming from like the back seat area and the tachometer was reading 6500 rpms! Is this a transmission issue, or was the traction control doing something funky?
Are you sure you had not misheard a conversation whilst out commuting on the sea highway? 6500 revs sounds like a boat.

Could you possibly describe in greater detail exactly what you were doing? Mashing the gas on a freeway doesn't sound like anything I ever experience on a freeway? Were you being just a little tad over zealous on your accelerator?

Had you reached the red and danger zone that automatically dropped your engine power to stop you being a naughty person on the road and blowing up your engine? :eek:

·
Registered
804 Posts
It sounds like you may have a carrier bearing making some noise, or the rear differential lock-up solenoid.
I might even go as far as saying the the Transmission Control Module (TCM) might need a software update.
The transmission might be slipping and you are hearing it resonate through the drive train.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts