Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added running board to your TH? I am only thinking of this as I am responsible for my 89 year old mother and not real sure she can get in out of it without them. The issue is the place I wanted to get them cannot get anything, so they say, for the TH. I am debating whether I need to go through Mopar and if it will cost a fortune for them. Any ideas??

Mickee

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Has anyone added running board to your TH? I am only thinking of this as I am responsible for my 89 year old mother and not real sure she can get in out of it without them. The issue is the place I wanted to get them cannot get anything, so they say, for the TH. I am debating whether I need to go through Mopar and if it will cost a fortune for them. Any ideas??

Mickee
I was thinking about it (similar situation), but decided to just buy a little step stool to toss in the back and use when needed.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Have her enter the car butt first. After she is sitting on the edge of the seat, swing one leg in at a time. My M-I-L is 82 and can barely ambulate (two strokes), but has no problem getting into my Renegade.

I do carry a folding step stool for the rare time I put my bike on the roof rack, but haven't needed it to get my M-I-L in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
A step stool works great. My mother-in-law could not safely use the running boards on the explorer we had as they were too narrow and she did not have the mobility to step up and then get positioned to sit down. Getting out she would just ignore them and slide out but a few times she wound up with bruises on the back of her legs from the running boards. Once we started using a step stool the trip turned out to be a lot easier on everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.