Good morning people.
Has anyone ever experienced this ?
Rust inside my Renegade. See the pictures:..................:eek::eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inside? I cant tell where those pictures are being taken. Is that under the steering wheel?
Yes, inside. Near the pedals. Look up, has a view of the steering column, I took the pictures there. Inside the car dashboard structure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Those parts probably had rust before they were installed. They may have been stored outside for a while before installation. I guess you can see what your dealer will do for you.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think I'd be more concerned about why it's there than worrying about removing it. One of the photos shows rust on fastener threads - above the nut. To me that indicates the vehicle was assembled when the rust started. I'll have to look at mine when I get home tomorrow.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It almost looks like your jeep was in a flood or something. The rust on the steering knuckle could be considered normal since its just bare steel. A quick spray of wd40 and you'd be good. The rust on some of the painted materials is not normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it is impossible to hit the wd in parts , very tight , difficult access , only even dismounting .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How are you? PAK325
Capital of Brazil. It would be important to know the level of problems related to this type , if it occurs there as well. It may be indications for Recall. I am willing to exchange experiences if you interest.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you are in Brazil, then your Renegade was assembled there. Most of us have Renegades that were assembled in Italy so our experience probably won't help you much.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you are in Brazil, then your Renegade was assembled there. Most of us have Renegades that were assembled in Italy so our experience probably won't help you much.....

But the pieces , much comes from the USA. See the steering column , the adhesive shows .

·
Registered
1 Posts
But the pieces , much comes from the USA. See the steering column , the adhesive shows .
I just bought a 2015 (still brand new) Renegade for my son and have noticed Rust on the accelerator pedal, the nuts under the driver and passenger seats, and near the tires. I took it back to the dealer service department and they told me that the interior of the car has no paint and I should expect to see rust inside the car. I'm in Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
I just bought a 2015 (still brand new) Renegade for my son and have noticed Rust on the accelerator pedal, the nuts under the driver and passenger seats, and near the tires. I took it back to the dealer service department and they told me that the interior of the car has no paint and I should expect to see rust inside the car. I'm in Virginia.
Plenty of the interior of the car has paint. unpainted steel will rust. But that's not a sufficient explanation IMO unless you are paraphrasing the actual information.

As someone stated up thread, an unpainted steering knuckle will eventually patina. If you live near the coast, this will happen faster. But painted surfaces should not, and much of the interior of the vehicle are painted surfaces.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That isn't bad, especially if you live near the ocean or in a humid environment. Those parts used to be not painted. They got smart over the last 30 years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts