Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
I guess it will NOT be covered.

What ones interpretation of normal road usage is considerably different to another.

Use your Jeep in sea water as opposed to freshwater and see a horrific comparison.

Salted roads in icy/snow countries as opposed to dry and arid countries (states etc)

I believe the onus is upon you to defend your rights and to prove that the warranty should be covered.

Rust on the bodywork is also harder to prove.

• Is it external
  • Is it internal ie wheel arches
  • Is there evidence of bodywork damage ie stone chips that went untreated
  • Did you cover up the stone chips or leave it exposed
  • What terrain are you travelling, ie did off roading cause damage that was avoidable by not using the Jeep as a 4x4 as opposed to an SUV
  • etc etc etc
Personally, I would search the forum as this topic was discussed as recently as 3 weeks ago and a general consencus was provided as to which paint on preservator was best.

·
Registered
731 Posts
What puddlesplasher wrote.

I'd just add that you'd be hard-pressed to look underneath any car or vehicle more than a couple years old, and not see rust on the exhaust pipe and other steel parts like suspension.. They're generally pretty thick, and it would take a lot of rust to cause structural issues...

·
Super Moderator
3,500 Posts
Rust would be under the corrosion warranty. It is pretty well spelled out what is and is not covered. That's all pretty much surface rust and wouldn't be covered.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
External exhaust surface rust not covered.
And even part that are covered: It's an anti perforation warranty, not an anti rust warranty.
Unless there a hole, they wash their hands. Although you can push for remedial work on badly sprayed panels.

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
532 Posts
Was checking under car and saw a lot of rust spots, mostly concerned about rust on body, is this covered under the basic 60,000 miles warranty?
What is the best diy treatment!

Thanks in advance.
that is a lot of surface rust. must be where calcium/ salt used on roads in the winter. i have my under carriage washed after each snow storm/ice storm or when i drive on the beach. reduces problem quite a bit

·
Registered
443 Posts
External exhaust surface rust not covered.
And even part that are covered: It's an anti perforation warranty, not an anti rust warranty.
Unless there a hole, they wash their hands. Although you can push for remedial work on badly sprayed panels.
THIS! Unless it is rusting from the inside of the panel outward it will not be covered. I had issues with this in the past and they flat out told me no. Underbody rust is typical for most vehicles, especially the exhaust. This is why is salt heavy states, some people go with the underbody coatings to help keep it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts