Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

While we only have one hasty month of data to build off (North American) shall we look at how the Renny faired against the segment?

Renegade: 943
Juke: 2,838
Trax: 4,026
Patriot: 11,849

Naturally month 1 was never going to be impressive, especially an abbreviated one. But what is impressive is that Jeep sold more models in March 2015 then they ever have. Ever. Blowout pricing on the Pats pumped out the most volume of them also since ever, as well as the Wrangler having its best month, ever.

Europe paints us a more interesting picture with the Renegade being on sale there since Q3 last year.

Sep: 361
Oct: 1,401
Nov: 2,281
Dec: 3,626

Jan: 3,307
Feb: 3,904

Three times a fad, ~3,500 units average over the last three months, March numbers haven't been reported, me might not get them until next quarter. But to put the renegades popularity in perspective, the Jeep brand sold 5,858 and 6,267 units total, in January and February respectively. I'm not sure if Europe is telegraphing anything about North American sales, I do doubt the Renegade will make up half of the US sales mix, but its popularity is undeniable...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Europe is clearly the main target for the Renegade. If you've been monitoring the Renegades launch as I have, it's pretty clear Jeep spent most of their marketing money on Europe than the US... which feels like a bungled launch in comparison.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Does anyone know How to go about ordering one? I see some posts that say they are not taking orders & others that say they have ordered one. Dealership by me said they are not taking orders right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered one on Thursday from a dealer with seemingly little problem. He said he'd have an order number for me this week, so I guess shall see. That's said, he did inform me that it would be a 4-6 month lead time and all he could do was give a price as it stands now, and would have to wait until closer to arrival date to let me know what incentives will be available.

·
Registered
471 Posts
So stoked! Ordered my Alpine White TH with Premium Leather Group, hitch, decal, & speaker upgrade! Went through Costco. Bam... All done in one day, along with my VON! Got $1425 off MRSP. Don't feel bad about not going with the other dealer I was speaking to as he was not being upfront with me!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Based on the amount of people who comment on my red TH, I think these are going to be huge in the States. It's not like it's one particular crowd who really likes them either. We have males and females both young and old saying how much they like it. It's different without going too far (e.g. Nissan Cube). Plus, I'm not sure how it does it, but it seems to promise you a good time even if you just glance at it. The best thing is, it delivers on that promise when you're behind the wheel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If gas goes up to $4.00, even the snobbish type owners of the sacred cow (Wrangler) will start trading down for smaller Jeeps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought mine (2.4 9 speed auto) May 6th 2015.

I bought mine (2.4 9 speed auto) May 6th 2015.
So far so good. Great mpg's.
So far the only problem is the passenger side seat cover is unravelling in a spot, that's not good and I have to wonder about the durability of the seat covers (noticed after 310 miles)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.