Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, had my gorgeous limited ( +extras >:D ) delivered yesterday...everything seemingly hunky dory until I used sat nav, what a total nightmare.... my position was jumping all over the place, not in a poor signal built up area... Neath - A48 - A465 , it said i was on a train track at one point! consequently at every roundabout or turning it constantly thought i was going a different way , if i heard 'recalculating route' once i heard it a billion times! please tell me this is a faulty nav unit and none of you guys are having the same issue.... I use the Nav several times every day - I cant stick this for 3 years! ...waiting for lookers in cardiff to call me back!
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's a pretty good sat nav and pin point on the location, so it sounds like you have a problem.
I love that you can just say "go home" and it takes you home.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
You're up the road from me :)

I think that you may have a problem with your Sat nav. I have used mine and never had an issue with it. However I did have problems with the Sat nav in my Scenic and that was also TomTom. I used the nav in my Renegade earlier around Norwich and it was perfect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're up the road from me :)

I think that you may have a problem with your Sat nav. I have used mine and never had an issue with it. However I did have problems with the Sat nav in my Scenic and that was also TomTom. I used the nav in my Renegade earlier around Norwich and it was perfect.
Used to look after the Asda Aberdare bakery and catering equipment! :ReneBlueWave:

Oh well I'm happy its not the norm! I'll have to get it checked out by a Jeep dude in overalls!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi Guys, had my gorgeous limited ( +extras >:D ) delivered yesterday...everything seemingly hunky dory until I used sat nav, what a total nightmare....
Marc, this is a known problem to some dealers, seems to be only in Europe on the Satnav (its TomTom on ours).

Mine is identical to yours - running the latest software the satnav is all over the place and unusable.

Some facts: My mate has a Trailhawk and when the dealership upgraded his to the latest software level earlier in the year, it caused exactly the problem you and I have on ours.
As a fix, he got them to re apply a previous software level and it was sorted. It really is a software issue with the latest current release.

I have named my car "the infringer" as the sat nav is just so crap it often states "you are entering a restricted area" as it looses the position and continues to show me driving in a straight line through fields, parallel roads, off cliff edges you know what I mean if you watched it.
The constant "recalculating Route" woman drives me bonkers.

Fantastic for a 30K car.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Go into the nav settings. Or if you have music on and are using the Sat nav, the voice can be turned up and down using the volume buttons on the steering wheel. You need the voice to be activated before using the volume buttons.

·
Registered
367 Posts
And 39.37 inches = 1 meter.
I just work in miles and yards when I'm navigating. I don't want the distraction of having to convert 'In one hundred feet, turn left' to thirty three point threee three three recurring yards.
Or whatever it really is.
The option is there in the Uconnect 6.5 on the Fiat.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for that - must mean that it is possible then.
I need to look further.
I know you can set up stuff when you plan a route (avoid motorways etc) and that seems to remain in the memory (caught me out once), but haven't found the feet/yards malarkey.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.