Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yea for me! Really tough to find roof rail OEM parts, part numbers, instructions, or anything much.
IF you can get them, its $400 for each rail.

Slightly used, fresh from a recent kill. $150 for the pair. I'm just gonna hang them on my garage wall for awhile as a trophy and let them age a bit. Do some more research. Enjoy the whole installation process, y'know.

:D

thanks for letting me have this small victory. this almost never happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I scored a couple as well and will be installing soon. In another post is a good write on on what they did to install theirs. He mentioned a plastic bracket towards the rear of the channel that the sports do not have. Wondering how important those are for the install.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Memory is sketchy but here goes: My impression is that at the factory, they connect the very rear end of the trim by laying the rear end to the body first and then sliding it into a clip going forward, then lay the rest of the trim down into the channel and push down as they go into clips. I remember removing the windshield end first and prying up slowly and gently at each clip. there was double sticky pad in the mid-span, no clip. then to remove the very last at the end, it doesn't go up but slides back like the did at the factory.

I used the original sport trim and cut as necessary. I measured 5x and then cut once. The rear 2-3 inches of trim were held down by the rail, but since there is no clip, I padded the underside with several layers of thick sticky pad to keep it up and against the rail. works just fine. Its not a stress area.

And there are no 'special brackets' on the body for sports or other trim levels. The body chassis are all the same. The rail models just have the black gutter trim that is made for the rails. Try to have those so you dont have to carve up your sport gutter trim.

HTH.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, here goes...I dont think I like my roof rails... I'm going a different direction with this Rene. Wonder how one would go about reverting to the sport style. (Removing and recapping?)

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.