Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving into work today something in the road from road workers hit the side of my plastic on my jeep. It's scratched deep enough where it's not rubbing off and was wondering if there is anything I can do or buy to fix the scratch? Anyone have any prior experience?

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would try armor all and spray wax first, not so much about the depth of the scratch, but the white scuff mark will make it a lot less noticeable.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My dog bit the front spoiler I have 2 holes and deep scratches . I was furious , it was the first day I came home with my new Renegade . I do not know if yours is not deep or otherwise try armor all as Localobxer member said but if it's like mine and it will never be as good as new but much better than before I solved this problem by adding the hard black wax , melt a small piece with a heat gun , applied in stripes or deep holes. Allow to harden , again using the hot air gun and then try and smooth out with the fingers. Once completed and hardens , rub with sand paper until it is like new. Use all the armor in the end.

Reactions: Localobxer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't know where it was bought as I found it in my parents house basement. Looks like Black olishing Compound Soap Wax Bar. But that was a DIY stuff so not sure it's good for everyone.

If you don't want to test my DIY then I recommend you to search on Google and Youtube for "car plastic trim repair, restore"

Found this:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.