Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes it is somewhere in the uconnect. I cant remember where though. The manual mentions it We cant get remote start over here.
Page 48 in owners manual

Remote Start Comfort Systems — If Equipped
When Remote Start is activated, the heated steering
wheel and driver heated seat features will automatically
turn on in cold weather. These features will stay on
through the duration of Remote Start or until the ignition
switch is cycled to the MAR/RUN position.
NOTE: The Remote Start Comfort System can be activated
and deactivated through the Uconnect® Settings.
For more information on Remote Start Comfort System
operation, refer to “Uconnect® Settings” in “Multimedia

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes it is somewhere in the uconnect. I cant remember where though. The manual mentions it We cant get remote start over here.
Page 48 in owners manual

But I'm still looking for it LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Page 48 in owners manual

But I'm still looking for it LOL
So it was a bit chilly this morning, I started the car using the remote start. When I got into the car the drivers seat and steering wheel heaters were both on. Is it possible that they come on automatically when the temperature gets low?

·
Registered
607 Posts
So it was a bit chilly this morning, I started the car using the remote start. When I got into the car the drivers seat and steering wheel heaters were both on. Is it possible that they come on automatically when the temperature gets low?
Yes. Thats how every car in America is set up these days, there is a temp sensor on the inside of the car and when it gets below 50 degrees F or somewhere around there, the heated seats will come on when remote start is activated. I would not be suprised if the Renegade is set up the same way, especially since the manual says this: "the heated steering wheel and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on in cold weather. These features will stay on through the duration of the Remote Start."

Reactions: Sammydni

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. Thats how every car in America is set up these days, there is a temp sensor on the inside of the car and when it gets below 50 degrees F or somewhere around there, the heated seats will come on when remote start is activated. I would not be suprised if the Renegade is set up the same way, especially since the manual says this: "the heated steering wheel and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on in cold weather. These features will stay on through the duration of the Remote Start."
Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Interesting. I'll have to check mine out in the morning. Supposed to get down to 27 degrees overnight.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Indeed, that's how it works. I think the windshield and rear window de-foggers are also activated.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Mine turns on when I get In the jeep and start it manually start it .
Yep, looks like whether you remote or manually start the car the heating elements will come on automatically if it's cold enough.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, looks like whether you remote or manually start the car the heating elements will come on automatically if it's cold enough.
Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? I am not a huge fan of all the heating elements and would like to use them at my discretion. (I got the cold winter package for the heated mirrors and my passenger enjoys the heated seats)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a North with the cold weather package, its definitely gotten below 50 here and mine does not auto turn on. I have to turn on the heat full the night before so when I start it the heat is on. However the seats, wheel, and rear/mirrors, do not come back on when remote started.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Mine turns on when I get In the jeep and start it manually start it .
Now this is very nice, not every car out there that has heated seats will automatically turn them on for you when the car is started by turning the key in the ignition. This is very nice for the Manual Transmisson folks as none of them have remote start capability.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? I am not a huge fan of all the heating elements and would like to use them at my discretion. (I got the cold winter package for the heated mirrors and my passenger enjoys the heated seats)
I believe this should be able to be turned off within your Uconnect settings, but it's strange because I can't find the specific directions in the manual.

The below snippet is from page 48 of the Owner's Manual:

operation, refer to “Uconnect® Settings” in “Multimedia.”

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe this should be able to be turned off within your Uconnect settings, but it's strange because I can't find the specific directions in the manual.

The below snippet is from page 48 of the Owner's Manual:

operation, refer to “Uconnect® Settings” in “Multimedia.”
I have been through the manual 5 times and the Uconnect settings 10. If there is a spot to deactivate this feature it is not available in my TH unfortunately. I have to take it in for maintenance on the AC anyways so I will have them look at the automated heated settings then.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have been through the manual 5 times and the Uconnect settings 10. If there is a spot to deactivate this feature it is not available in my TH unfortunately. I have to take it in for maintenance on the AC anyways so I will have them look at the automated heated settings then.
Please keep us posted on how everything goes with this appointment!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.