Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to disable seat belt chime on a 2016 renegade trail hawk tried the unbuckle 3x but no go.

thanks bob

·
Registered
996 Posts
Get a compatible seat belt from your local scrapyard and cut it.

Keep only the part that inserts into the seat belt holder. Store it in the locker behind your cup holder.

Anytime you want to go seat belt free, simply insert it into the holder instead of your real seat belt. Simples!!!

Alternatively as MrSig suggested, Search is an option and you get hits immediately. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good I think if I clip the harness that goes to the buckle and tie the wires together that will complete circuit
and fix the problem. that will act as if it was buckled.

·
Registered
507 Posts
While the "dinging" of the seat belt alert is most annoying, the Renegade got squat on my wife's 2005 Jeep Liberty. Her Jeep chimes SO loud it will drive you crazy ! I once drove it unbuckled to see if/when the chime will give up. That was years ago, but I think it was like 2 miles or so. You may think 2 miles isn't so bad, but it was maddening, believe me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya I am one of them guys that cant stand that noise nor do I like to ware a seat belt. but don't get me wrong if weather
is bad and there is a good chance of a CRASH! ill click it.

·
Registered
996 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would get the male end to plug in. but there are a few different sizes . my luck I would get the wrong size. click it
behind me , well if I need to get at it fast ill never do it. thanks for all the help out there but I know what I am going
to do thanks again BOB

·
Registered
996 Posts
The Ebay web sites allow you to enter your Jeep registration number and it gives the correct part :D

I ordered 2 :LOL:

Ahhh, I think I understand what you mean about the wire. Something like a paperclip or a small piece of thin wire holding the male part to the inside of the clip could create a circuit. That way it will always look as though you are wearing your setbelt? :unsure:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep! I have not checked to see how many wires but it should be 2# cut wires leaving enough to work with splice
tie them together wrap with tape plug back in. most safety switch are the same. complete circuit . the other part
of the wires going to buckle let hang as they are dead

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sounds like a lot of thought and work has gone into your venture.

I hope it all works out for you and that you only use your concept when on the open trail or other similar excursions. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not to start an argument about your "right" to wear or not wear seat belts (the phrase "I have my rights" is all to easy to over-apply when you want to do something; driving a car is not a "right", it is literally a privilege provided by the State, otherwise they could never revoke your drivers license).

My best friend is a Captain with 25 years with the fire department. He's been to many car wrecks over his career and he summed up wearing seat belts this way, "I've pulled many, many dead people from car wrecks, but not one wearing a seat belt.". One rollover wreck took hours because of the 4 people in the vehicle, only one was strapped in. The other 3 got ejected and took quite a while to gather/match body parts with the torsos. Not studies, not surveys, not hypothesis, just real life experience.

Just sayin', stepping off my soapbox.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
100% correct they do save lives. and like I have said, if the weather and conditions warrant it I will click it. to bad
are young people riding in school buss, are not wearing them. ever one should have a choice weather your riding
a motorcycle or auto! I am not saying for anyone to operate a motor vehicle without a seat belt just how to shut
off the chime. feel free to chime in!

·
Registered
507 Posts
100% correct they do save lives. and like I have said, if the weather and conditions warrant it I will click it. to bad
are young people riding in school buss, are not wearing them. ever one should have a choice weather your riding
a motorcycle or auto! I am not saying for anyone to operate a motor vehicle without a seat belt just how to shut
off the chime. feel free to chime in!
Agreed. I absolutely HATE that "nanny chime" to remind me to buckle up. But unfortunately it's a necessary evil in today's world as no one is held accountable for their own actions anymore; it's always someone else's fault that you got hurt. Next time you get a chance, look at all the warning labels on a freakin' ladder. They are there because of lawsuits. Some numbskull did something stupid and got hurt. The argument of "They should have warned me not to stand on the top step on wet uneven soil while using a dull chainsaw on a dead tree limb !!" is stupid but all too real.

I once got a ticket for driving without a seat belt. I had it on, my beeper (remember those ?) went off, I unclipped my belt to remove my pager, then reclipped my belt. "Whoop-whoop" and disco lights immediately from behind me. The LEO said I was driving without a seat belt. I told him the pager scenario, he plainly said, "The law states you have to wear your seat belt while in motion, nothing mentioned about releasing it for a few seconds to remove your pager.".

85 dollar fine. Judge sided with the officer. They are dead serious about all them billboards that say "Click it or Ticket".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya sorry to here but, look at it another way how many times did you brake the law and get away with it. sometimes
you have to pay your dues. we all do one way or another.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Non seat belt users will always refrain from using seat belts and that is their choice. You and I will never change your mindset.

The deaths and casualties that the Emergency Services attend from non seat belt users far outweigh the occasional "Jeep Renegade users" that decide to decide, purposefully decline to wear a seat belt.

There is in my opinion a time and place to wear a seat belt.

On a public road with other road users is one of them.

Please do not chastise anyone for wanting to bypass a "seat belt chime" without knowing what they are doing. (y)(y)(y)

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
I always belt up, but the chimes are a pain in the arse, especiallt when desling with gates, ticket barriers etc. It can be disabled in the firmware by the dealer, as documented in the manual (had it done on 3 previous FCA cars) but dealers are now refusing to do it.

Should be able to do it yourself with AlfaOBD software and a compatible ODB dongle/cable.

You might also need the vehicle key code, not sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
update! did a little more home work on the seat belt harness splice. WILL NOT WORK ! they have circuit
tied into electronic parking brake.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts