Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I hit a bump or hole in the road and my shoulder shifts the seat belt makes a clicking sort of rattle at the column. It disappeared for awhile but now its back and it is driving me insane. like someone with a snapple lid just clicking it in your ear (although its a more sharp sound).

Anyone else experienced this or know of fixes? One person on the facebook group said they had it aswell.
Last time I brought it up at service they said they didnt hear it, but I am pretty sure he jsut forgot to look because of my long list of issues.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Every time I hit a bump or hole in the road and my shoulder shifts the seat belt makes a clicking sort of rattle at the column. It disappeared for awhile but now its back and it is driving me insane. like someone with a snapple lid just clicking it in your ear (although its a more sharp sound).

Anyone else experienced this or know of fixes? One person on the facebook group said they had it aswell.
Last time I brought it up at service they said they didnt hear it, but I am pretty sure he jsut forgot to look because of my long list of issues.
I had the same issue, it was driving me nuts. Took me a good few weeks to find where the clicking was coming from, it was the seat belt buckle.

My dealer could not replicate the problem but changed the seat beat buckle on my say so. No more clicking, this was over six months ago & still ok.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue, it was driving me nuts. Took me a good few weeks to find where the clicking was coming from, it was the seat belt buckle.

My dealer could not replicate the problem but changed the seat beat buckle on my say so. No more clicking, this was over six months ago & still ok.
Well I think we must have a different problem because mine most definitely comes from the column. by the door

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Well I think we must have a different problem because mine most definitely comes from the column. by the door
When you say column by the door, do you mean the B pillar? If so, I wonder if it is the inertia reel clicking, as that is usually located behind the trim on the B pillar?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Our Jeep does this occasionally. It's not a big issue for us, though. Maybe because we have always had old cars and they made lots more noises than that.

Reactions: Lackadazikal

·
Registered
783 Posts
No lock up. Surmising it may be something very microscopic inside the driver's side column harness assembly with ultra-sensitive motion activation for the quiet, yet obvious, "tick...tick". Recommendations anyone? Get it replaced under warranty or tear it apart to see what makes it work?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.