Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need something to protect the seats for now. I am awaiting some good fitting neoprene ones. But until then I am looking for something to get me by. I have already done the Ebay search and the Amazon search. I am curious to know if anyone else has insight into if Compass or Patriot seats are the same.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
did a heavy search on covers. Several companies say they stock but when you try to order it shows out of stock. Company called Sheer Comfort says they will have them in early June.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Need something to protect the seats for now. I am awaiting some good fitting neoprene ones. But until then I am looking for something to get me by. I have already done the Ebay search and the Amazon search. I am curious to know if anyone else has insight into if Compass or Patriot seats are the same.
Thanks in advance.
Compass/Patriot seats are not the same as the Renegade's. Been looking for covers as well but not much luck as of yet.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Compass/Patriot seats are not the same as the Renegade's. Been looking for covers as well but not much luck as of yet.
I'd say keep a look out for aftermarket car cover brands, it's possible they have already done their measurements by now, or maybe not, but one thing for sure is there will be a market for Renegade-specific covers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice Find! Back seat also or front buckets only?
It all seats. There are a lot of color options there including 2 styles in blue. Same model number listed on both, but 2 different sets of colors:

FH-FB050115 Flat Cloth Car Seat Covers - More colorful, less features - $29.99

- Less colorful, more features - $35.99/$39.99

Nice find @kurtasmith I don't need them right now, but I'm sure someone else does. Good to know they are out there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Make sure you check the owner's manual. A lot of new cars with side and seat airbags in the front (Dodge Dart for one) specifically say not to use seat covers because it will affect deployment of those airbags. Not that we want to think about accidents in the Rennys at all. Just something to think about.

Reactions: Sam1

·
Registered
15 Posts
I successfully ordered mine from Seat Covers Unlimited on Tuesday. Should recieve them in a few weeks. I called and they advised that they did have the patterns and were able to make them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hy Kurtasmith, realy seat cover is very important for car's.Before 6 months ago i bought a seat cover for my car from "bestforauto.com". It gives more reliable & better material with different designs & colors. I think you may get more comfortable after using this like me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make sure you check the owner's manual. A lot of new cars with side and seat airbags in the front (Dodge Dart for one) specifically say not to use seat covers because it will affect deployment of those airbags. Not that we want to think about accidents in the Rennys at all. Just something to think about.

It is indeed something to think about. I know my wrangler seat covers have flaps on the side that will open up to let the airbag deploy if necessary. So be careful using covers that might hinder the airbags.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I was actually hoping for some old school Plastic Sofa like seat covers like my grand pa used to have. Nothing beats having my skin ripped from my body in the hot summer heat.
:)

All Joking aside..
@NERenegade is correct.
As per the website/manual there are 7 airbags including the full length side curtain air bag and the seat mounted pelvic-thorax air bag which is the one that might be covered by a seat cover since they are housed within the outboard side of each front seat.
Therefore,
The first link airbags do not have the openings for the side mounted airbags but has all the colors that seem to match the current Renegade interior color schemes. The second one does have the cutouts but only 3 colors.
Why can't things be easy.

Hoping to grab a set of these, once they're available... http://www.coverking.com/kryptek-tactical.html
Also has the airbag cutouts. That one would look nice in a Anvil Trailhawk.

I actually like this tire tread design.

TS

·
Premium Member
916 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.