Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you will get full satisfaction on bestforauto.com.These seat covers are easily washable & made with better material.Your neoprene material cover is available here.mostly i prefer this site for my car seat & I think you may also satisfy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think you will get full satisfaction on bestforauto.com.These seat covers are easily washable & made with better material.Your neoprene material cover is available here.mostly i prefer this site for my car seat & I think you may also satisfy.
They don't even list a Renegade and their search results in mostly older Jeeps.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Need something to protect the seats for now. I am awaiting some good fitting neoprene ones. But until then I am looking for something to get me by. I have already done the Ebay search and the Amazon search. I am curious to know if anyone else has insight into if Compass or Patriot seats are the same.
Thanks in advance.
Wet Okole. Expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just curious did you order the clothe seats. I ordered the leather seats in my trailhawk
I've had leather in my chevy truck for the last fifteen years and they have worn great, had them in the previous chevy truck for ten years and held up well. How many of you have leather seats in your Renegade?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ordered, received and installed seat covers from seatcoversunlimited.com, and I'm fairly pleased with the results. They are kind of expensive but I don't mind splashing out a little bit for my new car. They are the Two Tone Velour in black and silver. They fit quite well and the color suits my black interior with silver accents and white exterior. I attach a photo. A couple of points:

I ordered the side airbag alteration, which is a velcro covered slit on the outside of the back cover. I assume that's where an airbag deploys from reading the manual but it's not obvious from looking at the seat itself.

I have the option for heated seats and I now notice in the manual they advise against putting a cushion or blanket on the seat to avoid overheating. I don't know how much of a real issue this is, but in northern California I think I can get away with never using that feature. It was an option I didn't really want anyway.

Malcolm

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ordered, received and installed seat covers from seatcoversunlimited.com, and I'm fairly pleased with the results. They are kind of expensive but I don't mind splashing out a little bit for my new car. They are the Two Tone Velour in black and silver. They fit quite well and the color suits my black interior with silver accents and white exterior. I attach a photo. A couple of points:

I ordered the side airbag alteration, which is a velcro covered slit on the outside of the back cover. I assume that's where an airbag deploys from reading the manual but it's not obvious from looking at the seat itself.

I have the option for heated seats and I now notice in the manual they advise against putting a cushion or blanket on the seat to avoid overheating. I don't know how much of a real issue this is, but in northern California I think I can get away with never using that feature. It was an option I didn't really want anyway.

Malcolm
How did you get these to fit? I ordered mine from them and the back piece doesn't have any holes or anything for the head rest. There's no instructions on how to put them on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How did you get these to fit? I ordered mine from them and the back piece doesn't have any holes or anything for the head rest. There's no instructions on how to put them on.
I received a printed sheet of instructions. Also here from their web site:

http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/docs/Install Instructions - Full Custom and Tailormade.pdf

You need to remove the headrest, then quote: "After installing the seat cover punch a hole in the cover in the top center of the plastic molding. Cut a small X slightly smaller than the molding and tuck the raw material under the plastic molding. This provides a more finished and better fit. Reinstall head rest."

·
Registered
113 Posts
Responding to my own post: we have had a cold spell here recently with frosty mornings, so I actually have used the heated seats, and I really don't think it's a problem with the covers on.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That will have been an ad then;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
You need to remove the headrest, then quote: "After installing the seat cover punch a hole in the cover in the top center of the plastic molding. Cut a small X slightly smaller than the molding and tuck the raw material under the plastic molding. This provides a more finished and better fit. Reinstall head rest."
How did you remove the head rest? I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How did you remove the head rest? I can't figure it out.
I couldn't figure it out either and I had to ask someone in another thread. It isn't obvious, is it? And it isn't in the manual. Jeep doesn't seem to want people to do it. But it can be done and here's how:

First pull the headrest to the upright position using the regular knob. Then on the other side, on the plastic molding thing, there is a small button on the outside, almost invisible so look closely. If you depress this using a narrow pointed object like a pen, you can then slide the headrest up and out. You might need to tilt the seat back or forward to create enough space above it. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wet Okole. Expensive but worth it.
Second this. High quality, excellent fit. Don't have them on my Trailhawk, but bought them for my wife's Lexus. Much better fit and look than the ones she had previously. If I didn't have the leather seats, I would have looked into these again. Not cheap though, as fmunk mentioned. They'll set you back $250 for the front seats alone, as I recall. I have an aussie that loves to ride with me so it would have been a worthwhile investment for my sanity.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I couldn't figure it out either and I had to ask someone in another thread. It isn't obvious, is it? And it isn't in the manual. Jeep doesn't seem to want people to do it. But it can be done and here's how:

First pull the headrest to the upright position using the regular knob. Then on the other side, on the plastic molding thing, there is a small button on the outside, almost invisible so look closely. If you depress this using a narrow pointed object like a pen, you can then slide the headrest up and out. You might need to tilt the seat back or forward to create enough space above it. Let me know how it goes.
Yeah its silly that its not in there. Being able to remove the head rest will also make it more comfortable when lowering my seats to sleep in the back.

Do the plastic pieces not remove? Just cut the fabric in a big enough hole and shove it under? Wouldn't the constant use of the seat cause the cut holes to tear further?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah its silly that its not in there. Being able to remove the head rest will also make it more comfortable when lowering my seats to sleep in the back.
I guess it's a safety/liability issue. They don't want you to do it.

Do the plastic pieces not remove? Just cut the fabric in a big enough hole and shove it under? Wouldn't the constant use of the seat cause the cut holes to tear further?
Cut the holes in an X shape so you're not actually removing material (actually I removed a little bit) and tuck it under the plastic. Mine has stayed put for a few weeks now without tearing or coming undone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I guess it's a safety/liability issue. They don't want you to do it.

Cut the holes in an X shape so you're not actually removing material (actually I removed a little bit) and tuck it under the plastic. Mine has stayed put for a few weeks now without tearing or coming undone.
Okay, thank you for your help. I think I might put some fabric glue or tape after I make the x to stop fraying. Now I just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can try again to put them in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just ordered 2 cheap, cheap seat covers from AliExpress. They were $4.39 each or $8.78 for 2 delivered. They are universal bucket seat fit made of stretchable spandex material. Of course I don't really expect much but I bought them more than anything so that my wife would have a pattern to use to sew some covers from some heavy RealTree AP Tan fabric that I have on hand.

The ones I ordered are black with beige inserts on the seat and back. They also had gray inserts and solid black available.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.