Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Seat Covers

68K views 67 replies 42 participants last post by  Commando 
#1 ·
Need something to protect the seats for now. I am awaiting some good fitting neoprene ones. But until then I am looking for something to get me by. I have already done the Ebay search and the Amazon search. I am curious to know if anyone else has insight into if Compass or Patriot seats are the same.
Thanks in advance.

#47 ·
Are the WetOkoles or GT covers side airbag compatible? I don't mind spending money for quality (I've got Bartact's in my renegade) but I need to know they work with the vehicles safety/restraint systems if I'm spending $$$.

Renegade is a 2016 75th Anniversary Edition (Jungle Green). Just bought it for the wife 2 days ago.
Sorry, the Bartacts are in my Rubicon (JK), still looking for the BU (Renegade)

#49 ·
When extra funds are available I'm going with the Coverking Veloci-Vent's through Costco. $200 for custom fit front and back.

For now I also went with the cheapie Costco $20 fronts. I had them on for about a week and they were just okay, then this weekend I redid them and improved them quite a bit. I ended up tucking them between the seats plastic side and the cushion itself, not just wrapping them around as they were before. To get them in between those areas I used a kite stretcher and tape, but I'm sure a plastic flexible ruler or similar would do to get the velcro strap down enough for you to grab it. Another tip, to keep one of the straps down while you're reaching for the other one to connect it to, simply hook it to the carpet under the seat. Only one end will do this, I believe it's the hook side, not the loop side.

Refitting these really made a big difference in fit and feel. They could really use more straps to make them a bit tighter but for $20 I'm not going to complain. The head rest cover leaves a lot to be desired, but I haven't played around with it to know if it can be improved. I plan to use it as a console cover after I get the Covering's. The seat belt cover I didn't bother with, but I'm sure I can make use of it, hmmm... in my camera bag.

#50 · (Edited)
I've got the light (off white) seats and am super paranoid about getting anything on them so I ordered the Tailor Made seat covers from seatcoversunlimited.com. A little spendy at $350 including shipping but I didn't get their cheapest options. They should arrive later this week and I'll let everyone know how they fit. I wanted to try to match the interior color orange and black but not knowing how close of a match it would be I played it safe and went with all black.

The company promises an exact fit or they'll keep altering them until you're satisfied, what you can't do is return them if the color isn't what you wanted.

#56 ·
Good deal on Neoprene seat covers

I just ordered Coverking Neoprene (not Neosupreme) seat covers from Auto Accessories Garage for $204 and free shipping. I thought this was a pretty good deal considering Coverking sells these for $312 if you order directly from them. AAG lists them for $249 but if you add them to your cart and apply their 20% coupon it will only discount them 15% because of manufacturers restrictions but if you call them, they'll add another 3%. If you're looking for the Neoprene covers I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal. I chose these because from what I've found in my research, these have the durability plus they are custom fit.

#57 ·
I just ordered Coverking Neoprene (not Neosupreme) seat covers from Auto Accessories Garage for $204 and free shipping. I thought this was a pretty good deal considering Coverking sells these for $312 if you order directly from them. AAG lists them for $249 but if you add them to your cart and apply their 20% coupon it will only discount them 15% because of manufacturers restrictions but if you call them, they'll add another 3%. If you're looking for the Neoprene covers I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal. I chose these because from what I've found in my research, these have the durability plus they are custom fit.
Nice! I just installed new CalTrend Neosupreme seat covers last week, got them from Realtruck.com for $170 shipped, but would have spent the extra $40 for the Neoprene if I had known about that deal. From what I understand, they're very similar but Neoprene has an extra rubber layer that makes them more durable and water repellent.

Overall, I'm happy with the seat covers - they fit just about perfectly except for the forward inside edge of the fronts seats that face the gear shift (drivers right side and passenger left side) - there's no plastic lining to tuck the fabric into and it kind of hangs loosely, but it's form-fitting everywhere else. It adds a nice aesthetic to the interior and protects the original material. Don't have to be so stressed about dog hair or dirt getting in the car. Be careful when working underneath the seats and sticking your hands where you can't see, I got a couple of good cuts installing mine. Good luck with yours!

Attachments

#58 ·
I'm looking forward to getting them. As much as it kills to spend that much on seat covers, risking that permanent stain or spill is worth it and these are supposed to be very durable. I have the tan and black interior and was able to match the color scheme. I'll post pictures when I get them. Thanks for the heads up on the underneath seats!

#60 ·
Wow - I gotta admit, those look pretty good and form-fitting! What material? Did they have plain/non-Hawaiian options?

Also - how did you secure the inside front corners of the front seat covers (facing the gear shift)? Your's looks really clean but I couldn't see how to make it "tuck in."

#63 ·
Installed my Coverking (Neoprene) tan and black in my 2015 Latitude. Comfortable and well made! I got a pretty good deal at Auto Accessories Garage ($204). Last picture is the "before"

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.