Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electrical failure (the radio shuts off and on every 2 minutes and lot's of error codes and a dead battery) and they just reset the codes and could not find anything. Clearly something is wrong with connecting bluetooth, the radio shuts off everytime i hit bluetooth.
Anyway, picked it up yesterday.. and heard rattling/metal sounds fron the driver side, stopped the car and checked underneath, saw nothing loose. Called the shop today and have to leave it this afternoon.

Had the car for 3 weeks now, spent over 1K on tires, tint, roofrack etc...

A wee bit irritated right now.
How's everybodys day going?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Electrical failure (the radio shuts off and on every 2 minutes and lot's of error codes and a dead battery) and they just reset the codes and could not find anything. Clearly something is wrong with connecting bluetooth, the radio shuts off everytime i hit bluetooth.
Anyway, picked it up yesterday.. and heard rattling/metal sounds fron the driver side, stopped the car and checked underneath, saw nothing loose. Called the shop today and have to leave it this afternoon.

Had the car for 3 weeks now, spent over 1K on tires, tint, roofrack etc...

A wee bit irritated right now.
How's everybodys day going?
What year is it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe not here in Europe?
I got the limited trim and it says limited in the hatch.

·
Super Moderator
1,786 Posts
I think rsanges is having a little joke on the global situation.

This all sounds suspiciously like a battery or battery connection issue. Faulty earth? Add an extra earthstrap and see if this cures it.

I have the untraceable rattling metal sound. (Is it like a hollow metal pole hitting the chassis?)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think rsanges is having a little joke on the global situation.

This all sounds suspiciously like a battery or battery connection issue. Faulty earth? Add an extra earthstrap and see if this cures it.

I have the untraceable rattling metal sound. (Is it like a hollow metal pole hitting the chassis?)
Nah... More a scraping sound from the wheel well. It's only when the wheels start to spin.. after 10 mph or so... But it's constant from there on.
First I thought it could be a rock stuck in between the brake pads...but no, it's worse than that. And it's a rattling aswell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They found the issue, a metal protection cover (don't know the name) around the brake pads had come loose due to old screws, a new one ordered and they are replacing it in a week or so.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Gratz. We all know mysterious sounds are frustrating but it is satisfying when you find it and it ends up pretty simple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts