Jeep Renegade Forum banner

221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
And this was just on early models, right? The first year or two of production?
Yes, early models and only Trailhawks as I remember it. Even then, some claimed they didn't get the flashlight, seemed hit or miss.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I had a 2015 Trailhawk, and my current 2016 Trailhawk both didn't come with the flashlight option. :(

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
From what I understand it was hit or miss if your Trailhawk had the flashlight. I think it was discontinued after the first year.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
lol, he said thumper...
Indeed he did.

My Maglite (Thumper) was carried as personal protection from the scumbags/druggies that frequented my taxi. It was a Thumper over the head but howabout if Jeep were to supply a lovely bracket that could be fitted in the boot to hang up my lovely black thumper :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Maglite makes some. There are some others at the bottom of the page too.
I had those same Maglite holders on my old 1950 Willys. :)

Nice add-on also. use to call those a DNA collector. lol

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
A DNA collector! That has me chuckling at the moment. :ROFLMAO:

Where would I mount the Mag Lite bracket so that I don't damage anything behind the screws?

Using the bezel as a window breaker brought back a little nugget of info. The tiniest piece of the white ceramic from a shattered spark plug that is then flicked against any tempered window (side) instantly shatters it. Not that I expect you to carry around shards of a spark plug. ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
The tiniest piece of the white ceramic from a shattered spark plug that is then flicked against any tempered window (side) instantly shatters it. Not that I expect you to carry around shards of a spark plug. ?
That IS interesting. I did not know that.

I have not scouted the Renegade for a place to stash my Maglite yet. In my Suburban, I wedge one between the driver seat and the center console. It just stays there, no retainers required. My van, I keep it in the center console. So I think I'd look around the driver seat, under it, next to it, etc. But that's just me. I like it within reach. Upright on the back of the center console might work too.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Try putting it upright in the pouch on the rear of the front passenger seat. I find that accessible for stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I don't use a Maglite much any more, a little too old school for my taste.

The light that I carry is a little smaller but it gets the job done.

lol (no, that is not my weapon. I found the picture on the internet)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Try putting it upright in the pouch on the rear of the front passenger seat. I find that accessible for stuff.
I was trying to figure that one out and couldn't comprehend :sleep:

Ever forgetful am I of the pouch where I store my maps. :p

You have found the perfect place, readily accessible, legal to have a torch and most importantly the torch can be grabbed by the handle immediately (y)

221 - 240 of 252 Posts