Jeep Renegade Forum banner

141 - 160 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I must be slow, had the car almost two weeks now and JUST figured out that the visor extends out fully, which is nice.....
I don't understand this about the visor. Mine looks quite normal. You don't just mean that it unclips so it can shade the side window, do you?
What he means is that when you put it to the side it pulls out further than just where it is when it's to the side.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Still not sure exactly what this is, but it sounds useful. It seems that the Australian Trailhawk doesn't have it.
I think that's just the USA version that has it. Someone on here stated the UK version does not have it so the Australian version probably won't either..but basically, the USA visor looks normal like yours - but then it has a tab about 12 or 13 cm in width on one edge of the Visor. We can grab this and pull on it to reveal a plastic board that slides out of the visor to make the visor wider. When not in use, we can slide this back into the visor and the visor becomes normal size again.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think that's just the USA version that has it. Someone on here stated the UK version does not have it so the Australian version probably won't either..but basically, the USA visor looks normal like yours - but then it has a tab about 12 or 13 cm in width on one edge of the Visor. We can grab this and pull on it to reveal a plastic board that slides out of the visor to make the visor wider. When not in use, we can slide this back into the visor and the visor becomes normal size again.
That's only part of it. The entire visor extends as well. Try rotating it to the side window then pull the whole visor towards the rear.

With the whole visor extended, plus the tab, it will cover just about the entire length of the side window. Very useful when driving Northwest in the late afternoon.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That's only part of it. The entire visor extends as well. Try rotating it to the side window then pull the whole visor towards the rear.

With the whole visor extended, plus the tab, it will cover just about the entire length of the side window. Very useful when driving Northwest in the late afternoon.
True, I discovered that the whole thing pulls out further in addition to the visor extender just yesterday. Pretty cool. Haven't needed it yet though since I get off work way after the sun goes down.

·
Registered
61 Posts
so i have found a bunch of the easter eggs :) one thing i did do to the key however, the panic button was going off A LOT for me in my pocket.. so, i took my knife and wedged off the panic button. there is a small rubber washer in there to help the button work. so i popped off the blank panel on as well ( I'm guessing its for the car if equipped with remote start, blank on jeeps without) and it had no rubber ring waster thing. so i swapped that so the panic button is really hard to press. you really gotta mash your thumb into it hard as hell to get it to go off. BUT i found that the blank button- now that i can click it easier- with 2 clicks it just pops the hatch and leaves the jeep locked! :D kinda neat

·
Registered
63 Posts
And with the Trailhawk (don't know about other models), if you have the headlights on, but not the fog lights, and put on the turn signal, the fog light on just that side lights up. It then turns off when the turn signal cancels.
and if you have the high beam on then both the fog lights come on when turning left or right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
so i have found a bunch of the easter eggs :) one thing i did do to the key however, the panic button was going off A LOT for me in my pocket.. so, i took my knife and wedged off the panic button. there is a small rubber washer in there to help the button work. so i popped off the blank panel on as well ( I'm guessing its for the car if equipped with remote start, blank on jeeps without) and it had no rubber ring waster thing. so i swapped that so the panic button is really hard to press. you really gotta mash your thumb into it hard as hell to get it to go off. BUT i found that the blank button- now that i can click it easier- with 2 clicks it just pops the hatch and leaves the jeep locked! :D kinda neat
Thank you so much for this. In the last few days since I got my renegade the panic button has been pressed an untold number of times.

141 - 160 of 244 Posts