Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2018 jeep renegade trailhawk. I'm looking for A/T tires to replace the Mastercraft Touring tires that came with it. I have several questions:
1. Will stepping up from 215/65r17 to 225/65r17 cause any rubbing or fitment issues?
2. What A/T offers the best all around performance for both off roading and highway driving?
3. Will upping the tire size offer any noticeable lift?
4. Can I replace the tire on the spare in the trunk with a bigger one and not have issues

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2018 jeep renegade trailhawk. I'm looking for A/T tires to replace the Mastercraft Touring tires that came with it. I have several questions: ... and I have several answers. lol
1. Will stepping up from 215/65r17 to 225/65r17 cause any rubbing or fitment issues? I used BFG KO2's LT225/65R17 for years without any issues on my Trailhawk when it was stock, with no issues.
2. What A/T offers the best all around performance for both off roading and highway driving? I live in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, where is snows, curvy roads, and rain. I have a 120 mile commute to work (round trip); I think it is the perfect size and style of tire for the driving that I do.
3. Will upping the tire size offer any noticeable lift? 1/4 inch lift. BUT, it will look cooler.
4. Can I replace the tire on the spare in the trunk with a bigger one and not have issues. Yes, the BFG KO2's LT225/65R17 fit in the spare tire well perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
4,248 Posts
I have a full size 235 65 17 fits in my trunk! Search on our forum for photos and more info.

Reactions: txjeeper35

·
Registered
173 Posts
Look at the 225/65/17 Geolander g015 and the wildpeak a/t3w 215/65/17. I have had the g015s for around a year now. They work great. Little weak in mud but I don't get in mud a lot.

Reactions: dgr401

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just to add to your choices, I've been running Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus (225/65/17) on my '15 TH with no rubbing anywhere. The Pirelli's are a little noisier than the Wrangler Its that were stock on my TH and I think there may be a very slight reduction in MPG (but not enough that I can ev en be sure). I live up at 8500' in the Pikes Peak area and found them to be good in the snow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been running the Pirelli Scorpions too, I really like them so far. I don't think they are any noisier than the stock Falkens but much better traction and looks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just ordered a set (5) of the Toyo Open Country A/T II 225/65R17 through Tire Rack. I got them to price match the best price I could find, 2 years free road hazard, and free shipping. $715.50 and I'll have them in 2 days.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Just ordered a set (5) of the Toyo Open Country A/T II 225/65R17 through Tire Rack. I got them to price match the best price I could find, 2 years free road hazard, and free shipping. $715.50 and I'll have them in 2 days.
Show us what they look like after you have them installed. We like pictures.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 215/65/r17. Stock size, amazing true all terrain. I have 12,000 miles on them and they are barley worn. They handle really well in the Florida dirt and sand. Only downsize is my mpg dropped about 1-2 and if you aren't used to the tire hum, it is there but not a lot.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 215/65/r17. Stock size, amazing true all terrain. I have 12,000 miles on them and they are barley worn. They handle really well in the Florida dirt and sand. Only downsize is my mpg dropped about 1-2 and if you aren't used to the tire hum, it is there but not a lot.
Those were my second choice. They were pretty close in pricing. Nice to have some reasonable choices instead of just $200+ options.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts