Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Seeking A/T Tires for Stock Height Trailhawk

20K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  sequoiasoon 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2018 jeep renegade trailhawk. I'm looking for A/T tires to replace the Mastercraft Touring tires that came with it. I have several questions:
1. Will stepping up from 215/65r17 to 225/65r17 cause any rubbing or fitment issues?
2. What A/T offers the best all around performance for both off roading and highway driving?
3. Will upping the tire size offer any noticeable lift?
4. Can I replace the tire on the spare in the trunk with a bigger one and not have issues

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2018 jeep renegade trailhawk. I'm looking for A/T tires to replace the Mastercraft Touring tires that came with it. I have several questions: ... and I have several answers. lol
1. Will stepping up from 215/65r17 to 225/65r17 cause any rubbing or fitment issues? I used BFG KO2's LT225/65R17 for years without any issues on my Trailhawk when it was stock, with no issues.
2. What A/T offers the best all around performance for both off roading and highway driving? I live in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, where is snows, curvy roads, and rain. I have a 120 mile commute to work (round trip); I think it is the perfect size and style of tire for the driving that I do.
3. Will upping the tire size offer any noticeable lift? 1/4 inch lift. BUT, it will look cooler.
4. Can I replace the tire on the spare in the trunk with a bigger one and not have issues. Yes, the BFG KO2's LT225/65R17 fit in the spare tire well perfectly.

#5 ·
Look at the 225/65/17 Geolander g015 and the wildpeak a/t3w 215/65/17. I have had the g015s for around a year now. They work great. Little weak in mud but I don't get in mud a lot.

Reactions: dgr401
#7 ·
Just to add to your choices, I've been running Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus (225/65/17) on my '15 TH with no rubbing anywhere. The Pirelli's are a little noisier than the Wrangler Its that were stock on my TH and I think there may be a very slight reduction in MPG (but not enough that I can ev en be sure). I live up at 8500' in the Pikes Peak area and found them to be good in the snow.

#21 ·
$715 for 5 tyres is not too bad a buy if it gets you the tyres that you need.

That equates to roughly £109 in UK money and my Geolanders were only £10 less and that was at the local tyre supplier.

If you subtract delivery costs I think you have found a really good deal for yourself (y)(y)(y)

#26 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2018 jeep renegade trailhawk. I'm looking for A/T tires to replace the Mastercraft Touring tires that came with it. I have several questions:
1. Will stepping up from 215/65r17 to 225/65r17 cause any rubbing or fitment issues?
2. What A/T offers the best all around performance for both off roading and highway driving?
4. Can I replace the tire on the spare in the trunk with a bigger one and not have issues View attachment 2396347893
1. No problems fitting.
2. Not sure, but I just put a new set of Toyo Open Country A/T III tires on mine (pics attached).
3. I think I figured it out to be about a half inch taller.
4. I don’t think you can fit a larger spare.

Attachments

#31 ·
4. Can I replace the tire on the spare in the trunk with a bigger one and not have issues View attachment 2396347893
falklen wild peak at3w. i use on my street/ beach renegade, handles pavement and sand/snow/rain well plus 50,000 mile warranty and i drive hard

#36 ·
Appreciate this thread as it helped me with my recent tire decision.

Just got these Pirelli Scorpion AT+ 225/65R17 put on last week.
2018 Trailhawk w/ no mods. No rubbing issues whatsoever thus far and definitely a better ride than the Advanta ER700 that were put on by the dealership!
Now my girl and I are ready to take this guy onto some trails!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Window

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#37 · (Edited)
That picture is awesome. It's like liquid wet shine.

Keep them rotated (cross rotated) to keep the wear even. Like I said above, he only got 35k out of them BUT he was basically all around town which is much worse for wear on tires.

Don't forget your off-road supplies, good strap (kinetic if possible), air compressor, small tool set (and plug kit), maybe a better/taller jack and/or some boards.

My normal everyday HF aluminum floor jack for driveway wont even get his tire off the ground if used in factory pinch weld area.

And WTF with an off brand all season tire like that on a TH? Dealer or previous owner putting anything that fit with tread on it for as cheap as possible. SMH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.