Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selec Terrain™ Mode Knob and Manual Trans

Alrighty. If the Selec Terrain™ Mode Knob is set to Snow, and this is programmed to move the car from a stop in 2nd gear (automatic) for better traction, how do they handle programming the various modes for people with manual transmissions?

Just have them memorize how to shift in all 4 modes? Curious...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Alrighty. If the Selec Terrain™ Mode Knob is set to Snow, and this is programmed to move the car from a stop in 2nd gear (automatic) for better traction, how do they handle programming the various modes for people with manual transmissions?

Just have them memorize how to shift in all 4 modes? Curious...
More than just the shift points and handling the gear selection, the Selec Terrain systems also govern suspension tuning as well as braking sensitivity in conjuction with the ESC systems to offer what would (theoretically) be the best vehicle wide performance for each surface.

Obviously manual owners don't receive the benefit of the computer working on shift points in tandem with those other aspects of the vehicle's drive, but they still see all of the others tuned appropriately.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple enough. Makes sense. The manual tranny users just don't get the advantage of pre-programmed shift-points, but still all the other selection offerings. I can handle that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Remember that the select terrain know change how the 4WD torque is distributed. I mean with snow mode about 60% front and 40% rear, with sand 40% front and 60% rear, mud something around 50%.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Manual Transmission

I am very curious on how does the manual renegade drives. Since it has a 1.4L motor, I am worry it wouldn't be good when going up hills or even a dirt road. Can anybody tell me how does it feels, do you feel the power of the car when you accelerate and driving up hills, do you feel that the car needs more power?
thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I test drove a 500L last night that had the 1.4T with the manual transmission just to get a feel of what it was like. It shifted beautifully, but it wasn't as snappy and fun to drive as I thought it would be. The 2.4 4x4 Sport automatic that I test drove definitely felt like it had more power.

I may re-think my transmission choices as I am starting to get interested in a Trailhawk. That model isn't made with a manual transmission.

I still have my Challenger with a manual transmission. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.