Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had a similar problem last week (parking brake locked with warning sign ) and was stuck in a car park for about 20mins until after several attempts to stop and star the engine with no change, I left it for 5 minutes then restarted the engine and the problem was gone...everything back to normal. Am taking it in to the dealer to next week in hope that some error codes may be logged in the system. Do you know what brake parts they ordered for yours??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone had this issue? On top of all my other issues I am now getting a warning intermittently that says "Service electronic parking brake"
Don’t know if you’ve figured the issue out yet. My S.O has the same vehicle . Upon taking it to the dealership and doing my own research and inspect, we have come to an agreement that the rear taillight housing has retained moisture through the trunks panels and wet the electronic housing that pairs with the electronic parking brake. Causing the parking brake light to turn on for service. We are adding new housing within a week or so when parts come in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I had a similar problem last week (parking brake locked with warning sign ) and was stuck in a car park for about 20mins until after several attempts to stop and star the engine with no change, I left it for 5 minutes then restarted the engine and the problem was gone...everything back to normal. Am taking it in to the dealer to next week in hope that some error codes may be logged in the system. Do you know what brake parts they ordered for yours??
If you get a little something like this, the negative battery terminal has a quick disconnect (no tools needed).
Disconnect the battery fr a few seconds, usually will fix issues like this.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Don’t know if you’ve figured the issue out yet. My S.O has the same vehicle . Upon taking it to the dealership and doing my own research and inspect, we have come to an agreement that the rear taillight housing has retained moisture through the trunks panels and wet the electronic housing that pairs with the electronic parking brake. Causing the parking brake light to turn on for service. We are adding new housing within a week or so when parts come in.
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

In the fist picture, that is the location of the roof drain. Water coming off of the roof is going to gather there and drain through the little hole in front of the rear hatch strut.

Moisture getting into the taillight housing is usually from a poor seal around the light bulb socket.

If you are able to dry out the taillight housing, then put a little Vaseline on the mating surface of the light bulb socket seal (be careful not to get any Vaseline on the light bulb), it will help a bunch in keeping the moisture out taillight housing.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts