Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Bought my Trailhawk less then a month ago, now has 3600 Kim's on it. This morning while driving my service engine light came on followed by the etc light. The jeep was not shifting properly and seemed to be lacking power. After stopping and having a panick attack I restarted and drove home, engine light stayed on but the other light was out. Seemed to be working better though.

Kind of freaked out now. Can I drive with the engine light on?
I'm 2.5 hours from the dealership where I bought the car and would like to get it back to them for servicing.
Thanks in advance.

· Registered
216 Posts
Hello Hartley

sounds like you might have a problem sort of like Raz-O is having on this forum. You could risk it and try to continue driving. Think I have also heard of others complaining about really poor gas mileage and all.

· Registered
64 Posts
Mine had some hard shifts. Then seemed fine. Until I was on the mountain. It down shifted then lost power. Told me to put it in park before selecting a gear. Then would stall when I tried to drive. It needed a software update. You should try to get it in sooner than later. So you don't damage mechanical parts.

· Registered
302 Posts
Call your dealer - tell THEM to send a flatbed tow truck and pick it up. It's under warranty and nowhere does it say you have to risk damaging it further by driving it to the dealer after a fault occurs.

Tim

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The engine light went out on its own yesterday. I talked to a mechanic here and he said unless the engine light is on they can't tell you anything. The vehicle has been working normal since that initial episode. I guess the engine throttle control was acting up. On restart it reset itself. I'm feeling better now.
Thanks for the reply everyone!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer told me no but when I am up next week I'll personally go in and talk to someone. I kind of think no one really knows that much about them yet. At least it is working. They told me you can't do any harm driving with the engine light on. If it is flashing that means stop driving immediately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.