Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday May 2 I noticed the outside ambient temp display showed --- and my service engine light was on and it showed up in messages as well. I took it to the local Jeep dealer told them about the problem and they took it in and I went back to work got a phone call 2 hours later explaining that the wiring for my light bars in the rear view mirror box may be the cause of this issue and that they had to remove the headliner to get the the temp sensor wires. I told them to button it back up and I would be back to pick it up. When I got there I asked them if there were any software updates for the vehicle and they said they didn't check and they couldn't tell me what the DTC code was that the vehicle was putting out or had stored. Well I took it back to work and got out my code scanner. P0073 was the code that was stored outside ambient air temp sensor reading High. there were other things displayed on the code reader like Miss fire, evap, fuel, catalytic, just to name a few I don't have them jotted down. When the service engine light is on I can't select 4wd lock nor switch to snow, sand, or mud display says mode unavailable really fast, my front passenger window when operated from the driver side is jerky stops several times mid way down and does the same on the way back up it does not do this when operated from the passenger control. I have an appointment with the dealer I purchased the vehicle from on Tuesday May 10th. I will update once I know more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"light bars in the rear view mirror box"

? What are these?

I think the ambient temp sensor is in the door mirrors, not the rear view mirror?
I installed LED Light switches in the rear view mirror box, and the ambient sensor is on the right side of the vehicle under the mirror. I think the dealer was trying to pull one over on me there shouldn't be any connections up there if it is coming from the door. The switches are hooked up to a constant 12V, ground, and the ambient inside light dimmer "they light up when the parking lights are on"

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My renegade thinks it's 135 degrees out and threw a check engine light. The ambient temp sensor is under the passenger mirror. It's in being fixed now.
Coming into work yesterday it said the outside temp was 38 so that kicked on my seat and steering wheel warmers, it was 60 outside. This morning it said it was 44 actual outside temp is 57. It doesn't stay on will display the wrong temp and then show --- then eventually just the dashes are displayed. Oh well waiting until Tuesday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trip to the dealership yesterday spent 3.5 hours for them to do 11 updates. They said if this didn't take care of it they would have to order a new mirror since the temp sensor was not replaceable. I did get a call this morning "Wednesday" saying the mirror was there and a new appointment is scheduled for next Wednesday they say it should take 30 minutes to swap out the mirrors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.