Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
I have taken all my car keys from a variety of vehicles into the local hardware shop to have the batteries replaced. It has never yet failed.

The worst that your Autozone can tell you is, "Sorry, we don't do that" Try it see ;):D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My service passive entry light was on , The Jeep service manager told me to bring it in to get it corrected.. So instead,I did what bluesman suggested.. It works!...The best part is that I didn't even have to think!
We just had the same issue with my wifes 19 Renegade, did the same thing and the light & error message are gone, Thank you for the advice, If if happens again will take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a new Renegade and have this indication,
pic of fab and message: "Service Passive Entry System"

has anyone experienced this and dealer resolving of this, what was involved, did they fix it? Keep car to repair etc...

Thanks any info will be helpful.
Kevin
this just happened to me and someone else said here in this page to disconnect the negative battery cable and reconnect..it worked!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Problems with Passive Entry System

I was loving my new Jeep Renegade that I purchase in March until this week. I got a "service passsive entry system" message along with a yellow light warning. The dealership has had my car since Monday and this is Friday and they still cannot fix my car. Anyone had this problem and had their dealership fix it.
Did you ever get it fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
The reason ‘passive key light’ comes in is because your key isn’t making good connection to the key fob. Remove the key for 60 seconds and then replace. If your battery is good in the fob, the light should go away when you start your renegade. If it doesn’t go out, replace the battery. I dropped my key fob and the silver key didn’t fall out but it wasn’t clicked all the way in. Took it out like my Jeep dealer said and it worked perfect! Light is gone! Since I had it out I replaced my battery anyway - I mean it can’t hurt! Hope it helps!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get it fixed
I had the same problem, and I was very reluctant to take it to the dealer. I just got my Renegade back after 7 WEEKS for a problem with the front blinkers burning out CONSTANTLY, and those service lights popping up all of the time. I tried the soft restart -- push the start button, but not the brake. That didn't work. But I had my husband do the other solution -- disconnect the negative battery connector and leave it off for 30 minutes. IT WORKED! Service Passive Entry System light went out. Thank you to the user who recommended this. And even though I've had a couple problems, I still love my Renegade. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
After replacing my key fob's battery, I find myself facing the same problem you all are facing. My Renegade's warrantee just expired, so when I called a local dealer, the service department told me it would be between $90 and $180 to fix the problem (Passive Entry System). I called Jeep USA customer service regarding this problem (877-426-5337). Unfortunately, all the representative could say was that they would contact Jeep USA to see if they would extend the warrantee. I believe the problem is more wide spread than noted online. I hope you, the reader, call Jeep USA and report the issue. If enough people call about it, maybe Jeep will have to do something about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After replacing my key fob's battery, I find myself facing the same problem you all are facing. My Renegade's warrantee just expired, so when I called a local dealer, the service department told me it would be between $90 and $180 to fix the problem (Passive Entry System). I called Jeep USA customer service regarding this problem (877-426-5337). Unfortunately, all the representative could say was that they would contact Jeep USA to see if they would extend the warrantee. I believe the problem is more wide spread than noted online. I hope you, the reader, call Jeep USA and report the issue. If enough people call about it, maybe Jeep will have to do something about it.
I unhooked the negative connection to my battery for 30 minutes, and that rectified the problem. I cannot tell whether this will fix the issue permanently but for now . . . I'm keep my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
@Zgflash, It is so lovely to see people have read the forum and are now able to pass on important tips like you did. Keep up the good work and thank you. (y)(y)(y)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts