Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, maybe another round gremlins in my FCA Renegade. So far I have been bit by the ignition/key lock, but that is permanently fixed, and I have had the icon that looks a lot like a lamp notification with an exclamation point show up and go away twice. That one is not in our manuals, but an internet search has it in the UK manual and it means that there is an issues with the stereo system. In both occasions, I did not have a working stereo or compass, but it went away with a turn off and restart.

Now I have gotten the Service TPMS System message and the display just shows lines for the pressure and not the actual pressure itself. All tires check good, I am using the oem sensors that were transferred from my stock rims to me new rims, and it has been working just fine until last night. Was still there this morning on my way to work, so I tried the battery disconnect trick and left it unhooked until lunchtime, but it was still there as soon as I started up the Jeep.

I also noticed that the auto headlights just stay on now instead of turning off when the lighting outside is sufficient. All of this was fine until today.

Not sure what is going on, may have to break down and have the local stealership and have them check it. I know that if they even have a clue will try to blame the TPS on the new rims and the transfer, but all was good after. I have done some internet searching and this has been an issue before on the Cherokees, but they still get the pressure readings.

Any thoughts??

Erik

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update...

The local dealer that I bought the Jeep from has a pathetic sales department that I would not have dealt with if it was not for the fact that they were the closest within a reasonable driving range and they gave me a good deal on the Renegade. I was hoping that the service department may be better, but they are not off to a good start. I was basically told that I was a bother to the service advisor that answered the phone because they had a bunch of people on vacation and they are really busy. I explained that they are issues that at least allow me to still drive the Renegade, for now, and that he could just schedule me in as soon as he could. I will take it in next Tuesday, no loaners, but they have a shuttle service...... Luckily the weather is nice and I have my motorcycle that I can ride for those days.

Add on top of it, I parked when I got home today and the Service 4WD light came on and I now have a two-wheel drive Renegade. I am hoping that it will go off again like it did the first time it came on with only 400 miles on it and in the middle of a decent snow fall.

Erik

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? My 2015 Renegade Latitude has the same 2 lights on; service TPMS and 4wd. Curious as to what might have been the resolution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? My 2015 Renegade Latitude has the same 2 lights on; service TPMS and 4wd. Curious as to what might have been the resolution.
I am getting a little worried since the ‘16 Renegade Trailhawk has same TPMS and same two lights on as well; did you get lucky and figure it out? Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts