Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

my name is Tobias, I'm 33 years old and living in Bavaria, Germany.

After several Italian cars (last one was an Alfa Romeo Giulietta), I found that it's time for something completely different, and as my dealer also sells Jeep, I got myself a 2016 Jeep Renegade Limited in October. I'm at 4000 km already and still loving the car, so much fun to drive.

Though, there've been a few problems already. Nothing major, but still annoying. Will post on this later.

I've been lurking in this forum for quite some time, now i found it's time to register :ReneBlueWave:

Looking forward to good hints and discussions :cool:

Cheers
Tobias

Attachments

· Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch, stupid me... Sorry about that :eek:

Normally in normal conversation I call Jeep, not car anymore... Don't know how this could happen... ;)

· Registered
129 Posts
Grüß Gott,

I was stationed in illesheim and lived in markt bergel. My family and I miss that place very much. welcome to the forum and enjoy your jeep. Also Tobias must be a popular name in that area. Our neibors oldest was named Tobias along with many others.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Yes, Tobias is a rather popular name here. I think it was among the top 10 boy's names in 1982, the year of my birth, and is still common afaik.
What about the U.S.? I notice in American movies or TV series, you hardly ever hear the name Tobias, but I think it's not completely unknown?

Best regards
Tobias

· Registered
580 Posts

Yes, Tobias is a rather popular name here. I think it was among the top 10 boy's names in 1982, the year of my birth, and is still common afaik.
What about the U.S.? I notice in American movies or TV series, you hardly ever hear the name Tobias, but I think it's not completely unknown?

Best regards
Tobias
I know a Toby, but he is not human. :)

Most of my contemporaries here are Mike, Steve or Bob.

· Registered
87 Posts
Greetings and welcome! How did you enjoy your Alfa Romeo Giulietta? Any problems with the Multi-Air engine? Also, which drivetrain/powertrain combination did you get? Lastly, if you see any wrecked Renegades sitting in a junk yard, snatch those projector housed headlamps for us! We don't get Renegades with HIDs here and they look fantastic.

Edit: Nevermind, I see your signature says 2.0 Diesel Limited 4x4 MT6. Good job, mate! We neither get diesel engines nor manual availability past Latitude trim, stateside.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Rick,

loved the Giulietta as well, had the 170 hp Multi Air petrol engine and it was a great sporty ride. Only minor problems over 3 years and 70k km, nothing engine related. But now it was time for something different, more robust, and I'm enjoying the Jeep a lot.

Thanks, mate :) To me, a diesel engine makes a lot of sense for a SUV because of it's torque and power characteristics. MT is fun to drive for me, but I was thinking about AT too. Here in Europe, AT is gaining popularity a lot now and the newer ATs which I've seen are great. Sooner or later I may also get an AT car/Jeep :-D

Cheers
Tobias

· Registered
129 Posts

Best regards
Tobias
I was born in 82 as well. No, the name is not popular here. **** I miss being around southern Germany!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.