Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a Renegade car cover and the stubby antenna is an issue for the cover when placing it removing it. I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket shark fin antenna that anyone has come across. I could not find anything in MOPAR. There were some aftermarket products, but I'm not knowledgable about their quality.
Thanks,
Sam1

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have not seen one, but our antennas unscrew easily. Maybe just store it in the glove box when you use the cover? Might help? Just a thought. I'm pretty tall. I can see where that might be an issue for someone shorter than me.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I really like that it comes in o many colors.

TS

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I've been doing( removing the antenna). I'm concerned about 200 removals and installations a year wearing out the threads. I'll check out the mist option. Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
352 Posts
I checked out some of the shark fin antennas on ebay that say will fit the Renegade, but they give the opening dimensions as about 3.5"x2.5"
I measured the base on my Rene and it is about 4.75"x2.75"

No way will the shark fin fit over the Rene base.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I've been curious if an aftermarket antenna would help with XM reception as I pretty much listen to XM only, but the constant dropping of signal is maddening. I've had passengers in my Jeep ask "You actually PAY for this ?" when a favorite song drops signal 3 or more times.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
XM service in my last 3 vehicles has been terrible. I don't renew when the initial term expires. Last year they gave me a 3 month free trial and said it should be much improved. Called after 2 months and asked them to cancel the remaining month. It is not just the Renegades. I have tried other antennas and it didn't help, maybe it is just where I live.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I think that you have to have a clear view to the sky to keep a signal,even then sound quality can't match regular radio.
I travel the exact same roads as in my previous vehicle and this Jeep drops a lot more times than my other vehicle. A LOT more. I doubt it's clear sky in this case. And this Jeep doesn't just "skip" or "lag" on a song like my other vehicle; it drops totally out with "Acquiring Signal" greeting you for several (5-10 or more) seconds.

I beginning to think it's not the antenna, it's the whole freakin' system.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Down in South Florida ours works great in both of our Jeeps the JKUR & BU!
Only one section if you go down town at this one spot it blanks for a split second.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is the antenna. Mine would drop out all the time in a few spots around town. I ordered a new Dodge Challenger shark fin antenna and since install have zero dropped signal issues. Downside is the loss of FM / AM however I plan on mounting an antenna for that concealed behind the headliner as I've seen a Harley one that should work with a fakra adapter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.