Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4wd
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a cursory search earlier today and saw a lot of you guys replaced your side marker lamp houses with smoked lenses and an led bulb that closely resembled the OEM housing. I might of missed a post with a different type but I did try.

Today I installed some aftermarket side marker lamp houses that I found on Amazon that are still smoked but have a different led strip/style to them. They were relatively cheap and are primarily held on with 3m double sided tape so they don’t sit perfectly flush but pretty close.

·
Super Moderator
3,693 Posts
Thanks for the info and photos.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How’s the quality of these? I read others say the non OEM have rough edges. In the images you share it seems to have some plastic “shavings” in the borders. Is it so or I just have bad vision? 🤔

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How’s the quality of these? I read others say the non OEM have rough edges. In the images you share it seems to have some plastic “shavings” in the borders. Is it so or I just have bad vision? 🤔
You’re right, the lens are a bit rough from when they probably separated them to smoke them and install the led strips. For under $30 I’m not gonna complain too much but it was a disappointment.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Do they have a protective plastic on them that could be pealed off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hit the edges with some 220 then 400 grit paper and they'll look just fine.
I’ve thought about it, my brother has some buffing equipment at his place from his days as a detailer. Maybe if it bugs me more but right now I’m ok with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts