Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Found this picture of the green while browsing around. Personally I really don't like this color but I know a lot of people who are mad about Jeep tradition would like it so

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It's not a color i would go with, but i do like how it looks, it's a color that looks like it was meant for a modern jeep like this. plus this isn't just a vehicle for the typical jeep customer but for first time jeep buyers so for all we know, this could be one of those colors to help reel in potential renegade owners.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I'm finding a number of the colors are really sensitive to white balance. I wonder what they'll look like in person. I've seen the green look everything from almost a cross between old school olive drab and pine to mushy baby poop like in this picture. The orange has looked anywhere from washed out yuck to almost red. Anvil has looked like anything form a dark blue gray to a kind of grayish robins egg blue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah I agree. The Sierra blue in question looks really matte and one dimensional on the brochure, but in one of the only other (promotional) images of it, it looks really pretty and gloss-like. I want to like the Anvil grey I just don't, haha. I really don't. Colors are a real hit-or-miss with me. The Yellow that's been discussed reminds me of a kraft single and it's just the worst

·
Registered
41 Posts
In Italy Sierra BLUE and Mojave Sand are not avaiable.
Commando green in some pics appares nice and in others not so nice.
I think i have to see it live :)
My best color is Anvil and i think i will order it as soon as possibile :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I'm finding a number of the colors are really sensitive to white balance. I wonder what they'll look like in person. I've seen the green look everything from almost a cross between old school olive drab and pine to mushy baby poop like in this picture. The orange has looked anywhere from washed out yuck to almost red. Anvil has looked like anything form a dark blue gray to a kind of grayish robins egg blue.
In person is of course the best way to go about it. The downside is what colors you will be able to see in person before ordering, depending on what color, it may be a bit of a wait.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe Jeep dealers have access to other dealers stock list. Ask your closest dealer to check and see if a dealer with in say 50 miles has that color in stock. Don't forget to say that you WILL be back should you decide to buy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sierra Blue

Found a ton of Renegade listings on a Belgium dealership's website and low and behold.. SIERRA BLUE!

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.
I expected it to be more metallic- or at least to have more depth to it than the pictures show unless photos don't do it justice and it truly is a color you have to experience in person to really see it.. time will tell i guess!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Found a ton of Renegade listings on a Belgium dealership's website and low and behold.. SIERRA BLUE!

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.
I expected it to be more metallic- or at least to have more depth to it than the pictures show unless photos don't do it justice and it truly is a color you have to experience in person to really see it.. time will tell i guess!
I like this blue personally. It is a bit more saturated which I think makes it look more fun and less serious than many of the other blues around. Many other blues are so dark that they look boring. I like that this one has some more personality.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm very disappointed that the blue isn't a metallic. Except for the silver, all the colors are solid. I'm also afraid that if it doesn't photograph well, it won't look that good in person either.
Metallic for an offroad vehicle? There is a reason offroad and dual-sport motorcycles use solid colors, whereas streetbikes are often metallic. The solids are so much easier to maintain, as in chip-repair. Ideal for the rough and tumble world, lest they become poseur Jeeps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No matte. It looks cool and all, but caring for it is a HUGE PITA. Satin can be a bit better. But shiny solid colors are a good compromise of fun, ease of use, and practicality.
Yeah I know... but it looks good.

There's a few matte cars around here... I've seen at least 1 BMW, and several Velosters. The finish seems to hold up pretty well. None have any unsightly spots on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I understand the solid color for the Trailhawk for that demographic, but I don't think that Limited model or Latitude model is going to see much dirt and mud. Let's be honest. Most of them sold in the US will not be going off-road, just like most SUVs.

The Renegade is/will be positioned up against other small fun SUV/CUVs such as the Subaru Crosstrek XV, the MINI Countryman, the Nissan Juke, and the Mazda CX-3. From a unique small 4-door hatch design perspective, the Kia Soul could also be considered a competitor. Pearl coats and metallic clear coats are pretty common across the board.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.