Jeep Renegade Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I understand the solid color for the Trailhawk for that demographic, but I don't think that Limited model or Latitude model is going to see much dirt and mud. Let's be honest. Most of them sold in the US will not be going off-road, just like most SUVs.

The Renegade is/will be positioned up against other small fun SUV/CUVs such as the Subaru Crosstrek XV, the MINI Countryman, the Nissan Juke, and the Mazda CX-3. From a unique small 4-door hatch design perspective, the Kia Soul could also be considered a competitor. Pearl coats and metallic clear coats are pretty common across the board.
BUT, your forgetting, it's a Jeep. Heritage does play into it, I work with a lady who owns a Jeep Wrangler. Her and her husband put a 2" lift on it along with nice off-road tires. I asked her if they ever went off-road, the answer is no, they just like the look of a Jeep.

I suspect there will be plenty of mall crawler Renegade's in the same boat.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I understand the solid color for the Trailhawk for that demographic, but I don't think that Limited model or Latitude model is going to see much dirt and mud. Let's be honest. Most of them sold in the US will not be going off-road, just like most SUVs.

The Renegade is/will be positioned up against other small fun SUV/CUVs such as the Subaru Crosstrek XV, the MINI Countryman, the Nissan Juke, and the Mazda CX-3. From a unique small 4-door hatch design perspective, the Kia Soul could also be considered a competitor. Pearl coats and metallic clear coats are pretty common across the board.
Having shopped for a soul, I can tell you that the the colors that moved off the lot the quickest were solid white, solid red, and metal flake silver.

Every countryman I have seen around here is either black, or a dark blue solid. There is one solid red one, but several of the former.

Nissan juke? Almost all the ones around here are white. A couple of black ones.

All the crosstek a I have run into are the solid colors as well. Either black, white, or that horrible band aid color. One light metal flake blue hybrid.

I believe the arctic silver color is metalflake as well as one of the blacks (not sure if it is the black we get in the us though). White is white, and red is red. Market wise everything else is an also ran, but even so I think their paint choices will fare well in the us market.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Which reenforces the argument that there are plenty of pseudo-SUV crossovers that can wear the sparkles, but the Jeep needs to maintain the distinction of not being another sissified crossover. Pearls on a Jeep?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
CalTom, In that case, they should just offer all Jeeps in Commando Green but matte, not even glossy. ;)
But really, they have offered the original Renegades, CJs, and Wranglers in metallic colors over Jeep's long history. I remember the one my honorary grandfather had on his farm in Vermont that was from the late 60's early 70's that was a light metallic blue.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
CalTom, In that case, they should just offer all Jeeps in Commando Green but matte, not even glossy. ;)
But really, they have offered the original Renegades, CJs, and Wranglers in metallic colors over Jeep's long history. I remember the one my honorary grandfather had on his farm in Vermont that was from the late 60's early 70's that was a light metallic blue.
I understand the sentimental journey, however when I'm old and gray, if I have a granddaughter bat her baby blues and say, Grandpa, please buy me a sparkly Tonka Toy Pink Jeep Renegade, the answer will still be NO!!!!

She can have Sierra Blue if she insists ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
yea we've had these for a few weeks now, cheers though! Really in lust with Solar Yellow :D
My 2015 Renegade is 6 years old and it's blue but I'm not sure it might not be that exact same shade but it's really pretty blue and I have not seen another blue and like that on the road it's weird I see Renegades all the time but not the same color blue. And I guess that's bad because I need to find a fender the same color in a junkyard and not been able to find one.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.