Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Trying to work out if this works on the longitude.

Not sure if I've missed a setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make sure you have the right ver of software - I had to upgrade the software via the uConnect site to get this to work on mine. I have the larger head unit on a Limited model. Not sure if the smaller head units support Siri - dont see why not though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not sure. According to uConnect. I have the most upto date versions. Has anyone got it working on the 5" one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking at this Chris - http://www.macrumors.com/2016/04/29/chrysler-dodge-jeep-fiat-siri-eyes-free/ - it would suggest that Eyes free is only on the larger units :( I know on my 6.5 unit if I go to phone it says Siri in the middle of the screen next to the phones name - maybe see if yours says that.

If it does then it should just work if the phone is unlocked and you hold down the voice command button on the steering wheel for a few seconds longer than normal to get it to prompt.

Hope it does work for you mate

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
That's why I haven't seen Siri. I can send text messages with the U-Connect 5.0 if I wish. Usually it is the missus or my daughter, so nothing important. I do like being able to make and receive phone calls hands free. There are enough idiots who use their phone while driving without me joining in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I put my VIN in, and it's downloaded the 16.05.32 software (I have the big-screen Nav and 15.21.37 installed) - I'll look to install that tomorrow then...

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is on the 6.5" screen version - it seemed very painless, just plugged in the USB and it automatically worked through the setup.

When complete, it gave an on-screen voice tutorial about the new functionality and it appears to work well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.