Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering what cruising mileage you are getting form your TH. I'm afraid I might have to fill up twice a week. Not sure why it is so small (weight) is the only thing I have come up with.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
35 Posts
I average about 22, and that's with a fairly heavy foot (mine is still fairly new to me, so I have a tendency to zip around traffic alot). Most of my driving is in city, but about 3-4 days a week I have to hit the interstate (70 mph) to get where I am going. I haven't taken it on any noteworthy highway distance so I can't say much about that part.

Reactions: tageguy

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'd figure around 300 miles +/- per tank. My last tank was upwards of 28+ mpg with a lot of highway driving, but around town it's a little less.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 98 Cherokee had a 20 gallon tank and when I got my 08 Vibe and realized it had a 13 gallon tank I dramatically thought I had made a huge mistake... But turns out I lived and it wasn't a big deal, just something you gotta get used to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
12.7 gallon tank is common among all passenger cars and nearly an industry standard. What have you been driving before, a Suburban?
way to come off like a prick, I've been driving an 05 grand cherokee and it's a 18 gallon, most american big american cars like the charger, challenger, 300, camaro, mustang, all have 18 gallons tanks except for the mustang which has 16. The Cherokee has 15.8 and it shares an engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
12.7 gallon tank is common among all passenger cars and nearly an industry standard. What have you been driving before, a Suburban?
I drive a 4x4 dodge dakota that has a 22 gallon tank. It's get about 16 mpg. If I can get 300 miles out of a TH that would be perfect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My liberty tank is 20ish - I agree that 12.7 seems small for for a rig meant for off roading and traveling. And isn't the TH tank a little bigger than the other trims?
not according to all the sites out there they are all 12.7, and there isn't any gas thank size options on jeeps configurator. Would have been a great option to have i'm sure alot of people would have gotten it, think everybody with 4x4 should opt to get it. it should be at least 16 gallons 18 would be ideal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is a gallon more then the Juke. My wife had a Juke and that was the one thing we didn't like. On the highway and with a little head wind, we would have to stop for fuel every 200 miles. I prefer my Grand Cherokee's 24+ gallon tank.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
At first when I read that the Renegade had a 12 gallon tank I was somewhat disappointed mainly because my previous Santa Fe had a 17 gallon tank and the current my Santa Fe has a 19 gallon tank. Both get (at the very best) only 13 MPG (when they should get 17) and that only gives me about 247 miles between fill ups. But disappointment turns into happy dance when I read from customers that the Renegade with its 12 Gallon tank are getting some folks up to a 350+ miles between fill-ups.
Granted, I do agree that a slightly bigger tanks would be great, only to get more range.

TS

·
Registered
47 Posts
At first when I read that the Renegade had a 12 gallon tank I was somewhat disappointed mainly because my previous Santa Fe had a 17 gallon tank and the current my Santa Fe has a 19 gallon tank. Both get (at the very best) only 13 MPG (when they should get 17) and that only gives me about 247 miles between fill ups. But disappointment turns into happy dance when I read from customers that the Renegade with its 12 Gallon tank are getting some folks up to a 350+ miles between fill-ups.
Granted, I do agree that a slightly bigger tanks would be great, only to get more range.

TS
Do you do mostly city Driving in those Santa Fe's? My Hemi Ram 1500 gets better than that. For me to get that kind of mileage I have to be pulling a vehicle on a trailer.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
lol Its probably my driving style. I would have to say mainly city driving Monday to Friday. Weekends mostly highway driving. Regardless, it's on the low end being a 2007 AWD auto. I've kept a gas mileage spreadsheet with all my vehicles, and it calculates 13.6 mpg which coincides with my cars trip odometer. The car according to the EPA should be about 17 city, 24 highway and 19 combined. I could have gotten back then a Jeep Wrangler instead since it basically gives 15 mpg city and I would have been driving the vehicle I always wanted.

TS

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just got back from about a 1000 mile road trip over memorial day weekend. I'm getting around 25mpg average, more on the highway, about 23 in the city. The smaller tank is a bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker obviously.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '98 2-door RAV4 with a 15.3 USgal tank and a 2015 Subaru Forester with a 15.9 gal tank. My RAV is getting on in years and I thought I'd get a Renegade, liked it a lot, and choked when I found out it has such a small tank. I guess that's not a problem for urban/suburban/interstate driving, but I'm not gonna feel comfortable on the back roads of Nevada, Utah or north of Dawson in the Great White where range is as important as mpg. Are you listening Jeep?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.